Other Guitars

NGKD (or what I did over Xmas vacation)

Thought I would try my hand at building another guitar (I built a '59 LP Jr. a few years ago). I got a kit from thefretwire.com for a LP with P-90's. Painted it gold with nitro paint and clear from Guitar ReRanch and stained the back and neck red mahogany. It was about $250 for the entire project. How does it sound you ask? Like a $250 guitar, but it's fun.

Got custom waterslide decals a few years back from Rothko and Frost that say "Caveman Guitarworks".

Nice result, a friend of mine has a 53 Goldtop that had been stripped back to natural and fade burst finished it has a superb figured maple top which was a waste to have painted over with gold. About the only Les I got with , they are usually too tail heavy and the boards are too flat for me.

Nice result, a friend of mine has a 53 Goldtop that had been stripped back to natural and fade burst finished it has a superb figured maple top which was a waste to have painted over with gold. About the only Les I got with , they are usually too tail heavy and the boards are too flat for me.

– Matt66

I've also always avoided LP's because of the weight, but this kit came with a basswood body with maple cap, so it is really light.

Register Sign in to join the conversation