Other Players

B.B. King Is In Hospice Care

After B.B. King suffered a minor heart attack, a bit of a fracas has broken out between his daughter and B.B.'s long-time manager who refused to take him to the hospital. The daughter has filed a police report against the manager, who is B.B.'s agent under his advance health care directive, accusing him of elder abuse and burglary. The daughter claims that the manager has stolen upwards of $30 million from B.B. and that he withheld medication from him while B.B. was on tour.

It should be noted that the police have chosen not to file charges against the manager based upon these claims. However, B.B.'s daughter is seeking to remove the manager from his position as agent under the advance health care directive.

B.B. King released the following statement today:

"I am in home hospice care at my residence in Las Vegas. Thanks to all for your well wishes and prayers."

The mention of a mild heart attack is not entirely surprising for an 89-year-old man. However, the mention of "hospice care" is pretty unnerving. It would be quite the morbid and unwelcome trifecta to lose Percy Sledge, Ben E. King, and B.B. King in such a short span of time. Hang in there, B.B.; we don't want to lose you.

He played my theater a couple of years ago and was a joy. They wheeled him in in a wheelchair, and he played twice as long as scheduled, then spent over an hour signing autographs. You'd think that his manager would have BB's best interest at heart.
Be well, Mr. King.

He played my theater a couple of years ago and was a joy. They wheeled him in in a wheelchair, and he played twice as long as scheduled, then spent over an hour signing autographs. You'd think that his manager would have BB's best interest at heart.
Be well, Mr. King.

– wabash slim

You would hope so, but remember a few years ago BBK was hospitalized due to an ill-advised multi-hour race across country to make a gig that shouldn't have been scheduled that way. After $30 million, maybe one doesn't need any more.

Godspeed BB!

I saw him at the beginning of this millenium here in Germany (Essen). Me and my wife were there and he was so warm hearted to the kids in the crowd. It was fun and a joy,to see him play. Don´t give up Mr. King

I Love Mr King. Such a great man. I hope he is comfortable and happy. Advanced care directives can be tricky things (speaking from experience) and the more money one has, the more it will be fought over and the mud will fly. I hope it all gets sorted and Mr King feels better soon.

two masters..things startin gettin fun around the 5 minute mark

rip gm

bless the master- blues boy king

cheers

Very sad news . . .

All the best BB.

Prayers and positive thoughts for the King of the Blues. Big fan here..

Hang in there, B. We still need you.

Register Sign in to join the conversation