Other Guitars

NGD!!!!!

Okay, it's an Esteban. Action is high and it only has 5 strings but it sounds really good for what it is. New strings and truss rod adjustment coming soon.

As good or better than a Jim Dandy.

It was free!!

Did it come with a hat?

Did you get the free gig bag, 5 watt amp and the DVD guitar lessons course? Stephen Paul aka Esteban, lives in Tempe AZ and the QVC shopping network.

Dang, Metman, Tell us how you really feel.

Free is good! Congrats. Great reviews!

I pulled down my post with the fake reviews. Enjoy, John! I played one at a Guitar Center, that was the Cadillac model in red with crazy logos on it, that was fine for what it is. I'm pretty sure it was plastic and seriously thought it would be a riot to play floating around the pool. I think they made a Camaro model too.

Well you didn't have to pull it. It was funny.

Thanks, Suprdave. Just didn't want to post anything that may have seemed I was dissing John's acquisition.

Cool, John. Fix it up and it may become your kids’ first guitar. Each great guitar player’s first guitar was a struggle.

I feel the same as Bob, John, fix er up and play it. It will probably make a good knock about guitar. I had an old Kay guitar somebody gave me, it became my camping guitar. I was only teasing on my first remark, a free guitar IS better than a Jim Dandy.

My Dad and I were flipping channels many years ago. We stumbled on Esteban on QVC, or was it the HSNetwork? He looked cool, and boy could he play.

We already had lots of guitars, good ones, but his first guitar, the Midnight Steel, looked great, and sounded great on television. With a case, dvds and lessons, yep, we got them.

We still have them, and it's still fun to play. I use it when I don't want to take an expensive guitar to a jam, or when I think I may need to leave a guitar in the car.

I think I messed the truss rod up on mine long ago, and the action is a bit high, but so what. I pick a fight with it, manhandle it, and enjoy the sounds coming out right after.

I like me some Esteban!

...------

I feel the same as Bob, John, fix er up and play it. It will probably make a good knock about guitar. I had an old Kay guitar somebody gave me, it became my camping guitar. I was only teasing on my first remark, a free guitar IS better than a Jim Dandy.

– Wade H

This is what happens when your $5 salvation army special frustrates you so much, you decide it's not worth carrying out of camp. Can you guess that Pete Townsend is one of my guitar heros?

Well, it is made of some type of wood. Sounds pretty good. Decent frets. It might have cost them $5.00 to build it. Also the tuners are pure crap.

Checked in with John, who found the humor in the fake Harmony Central reviews and said "put 'em back up"! Hehe! Here's a collection someone put together, plus a couple more..

"I returned this guitar after the frets fell off. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND EVERYTHING HOLY..... DO NOT BUY THIS GUITAR"

"I cut my fingers on the frets. I had to spend Christmas morning in the emergency room getting stitches. The doctors looked at me like I was a complete lunatic, since I was covered in blood and paint from the fretboard, and screaming about how Esteban ruined my Christmas."

"I returned the entire package. They refunded me for two payments, but now they are using my Visa to take money out of my bank account again."

"My daughter bought it. She played it for a couple weeks. Then one day I arrived home from work and there it was hanging from a tree limb minus strings. She got so ticked off that she decided to turn it into a bird house. So far after 6 weeks in the tree no birds have moved in, but there is bird crap all over it."

"I don't play guitar, I only bought this for my boyfriend who was picking up guitar. He saw what a deathtrap it is and dumped me. Meanwhile Sally goes out and buys him a Gibson Les Paul Custom and a Marshall stack and he now loves her. In short, this guitar is so bad I lost my boyfriend to it. Don't buy."

"It sounds great if you can tune it to an Open G-Chord and just strum on it. Outside of that, you're stuck, because no human being on earth could contact the strings with the fretboard beyond the 5th fret. It simply cannot be done."

I had previously read them as well. Love the birdhouse story.

Register Sign in to join the conversation