Other Guitars

NGD, Same age as me, hah.

I had a '64 J200 but I didn't play it much because of the narrow nut spacing. A buddy fell in love with it, so I let it go & have been looking for a replacement box. Picked this up yesterday & it suits my sausage fingers much better. 1957 Gibson J-45, super clean, had different tuners on but originals now back on.

Black-lighted it & all is good.

Lovely aul geet ,congrats sir!

Absolutely the best all around flattop Ive ever had - I have a 56 and a 57 Country Western, which is a blonde J45 with parallelogram inlay

Man! Oh, man!

Nice !

I don't think the narrow neck Gibsons were really until 1966... I have chekced with out pretty closely with others.

But you have a good one for sure.

Very cool! Congratulations Tony! Does that mean you decided against the Tele?

Very cool! Congratulations Tony! Does that mean you decided against the Tele?

– Danman

You mean the Yellow thinline Dan? I still have that.

Absolutely the best all around flattop Ive ever had - I have a 56 and a 57 Country Western, which is a blonde J45 with parallelogram inlay

– spike

I tried a few of them Spike. I do like the inlays, except they remind me of an ES345 that got stolen. Nice box, not keen on the bound neck (or is that a Southern Jumbo?) however I felt more comfy on the J-45. I want to talk to you about a Jazzbox, I'll mail you.

Congrats Tony, that looks like a good one.

Congrats, Tony!

My main acoustic is a 1960 J-50. So I love J-45s as well as any of the soft shouldered Gibbys.

Register Sign in to join the conversation