Other Guitars

NGD = nu era begins

Well Estelle the cat shows you the new reality around here... new Duo Sonic with DiMarzio neck bucker and Gibson bucker in bridge and new harness and pots, etc. Great sound. Here on in, it's 24" scale and maple boards only. Revelation Tele confirmed the new direction and this Duo Sonic fills it out.

Might even seek out a 90s Duo Sonic that was 22.5 or actually 22.7" scale they say. Just to comparie

Thinking about a Duo Sonic double neck now.

Original pickups and harness, switch, pots, etc on the bay startin' @ $45

Nice pair! I love DuoSonics. Have you tried the Squier Classic Vibe

Nice pair! I love DuoSonics. Have you tried the Squier Classic Vibe

– Otter

Am interested in Classic Vibe at least by looks.. they get points for the vintage look, but if that also means tiny vintage frets I gotta bail.But could stick a modern Duo Sonic neck like this on it.

You’re shrinking to a mandolin.

Am interested in Classic Vibe at least by looks.. they get points for the vintage look, but if that also means tiny vintage frets I gotta bail.But could stick a modern Duo Sonic neck like this on it.

– DCBirdMan

I own several of the Classic Vibes, the frets are medium jumbo. The fret work, in addition to the overall quality of the guitar, is some of the best you'll find on any guitar at any price.

the drawback to the Classic Vibe is that the bridge pickup is too far from the bridge compared to the originals. if you can source a custom scratchplate it shouldn't be too hard to move the PU cos the body is basswood which you could probably carve out with a sharp steak knife LOL.

for a 22.5" Duo Sonic, you can do what the fellow who built up mine did: combine a Classic Vibe body with a Squier Mini Strat neck, a custom pickguard, and Duncan Antiquity pickups. it's just h*ckin' wonderful. i do not know if the new Duo Sonic bodies would work with the 22.5" Mini Strat neck.

Thanks for all this info -- i am just learning my way around the short scale Fender scene.

Register Sign in to join the conversation