Other Guitars

NGD: Not a Gretsch…

I got this today. I know it is not a Gretsch but I'm really happy!

I'm happy about every guitar related thread these days. Enjoy it and play it in excellent health! Btw, I've seen funny looking gigbags but does someone actually sell Flying V stands? Yours doesn't look overly secure.

I bought this stand for my sons wee vee, it's brilliant. Hercules GS412B. Cool guitar.

Fantastic! That looks hilarious. And reminds me of this:

Different field of application, though.

I had a chance to buy one in the 80s but found it to be uncomfortable to play. Does it fit you well?

I had a chance to buy one in the 80s but found it to be uncomfortable to play. Does it fit you well?

– crowbone

I thought it could be a challenge to play, but I find it surprisingly comfortable. Also I fell in love to these Dirty Fingers+ pickups (very aggressive sound). I wonder why we don't see these 70's pickups much? It seems, that these pickups are gone again from the 2018 lineup. Seems to be rare pickup in standard production line?

Of course you can buy Dirty Fingers pickup separately, but for example... I just play stock guitars. I usually don't modify guitars. I don't want to mess up the setup or anything...

The neck is also very fast and I like, that the strap button has been moved away from the place where neck and body join, so you can access high notes better. Also the neck and body join has been "smoothed", so your hand doesn't hit the body.

Frets are also interesting (look from the 2:28):

Register Sign in to join the conversation