Other Guitars

NGD Nocaster

I got a great deal on a 2003 Nocaster. I heard a rumor these could have Abby yabarra pickups?

Looks nice! Most new Nocaster come across as darker yellow and maple, but they all look nice.

...------

Thanks guys. This has to have the biggest neck fender makes. You like it or hate it i guess.

Congrats Nicholas !

Love those geets ,the huge necks ,not so much.

Congrats. I love big necks. I own a '52 reissue tele (pure vintage) that has a chunky neck but the Nocaster is significantly fuller and I prefer that. It's commonly assumed that huge neck relate to people with big hands but I think it's all about the playing technique (or in my case the lack of it). I like that extra wood for hand support, most people don't have any use for it.

Congrats! Nice. Man- I dig simple,original design Telecasters.No humbuckers,no f-hole/thinline stuff,no binding. etc etc.And they always sound great through any decent amp....Time to start lookin' around for a Nocaster.

When I had Fender build me a custom Tele, I was with a group of guys, and they, along with the Fender guy who actually built the guitar, recommended, rather strongly, that I get the Nocaster neck. So I listened to them. When I finally got the guitar, I wasn’t thrilled with the neck, it’s a bigun, but I’ve grown to really love it.

Congrats on yours!

First Fender I ever really fell for and my first major impulse buy was a Nocaster relic. This was in 1998, and I'd never heard of a relic, or that Fender had a Custom Shop, or what that even meant, but holy smokes, what a great guitar. And I immediately got along fine with the big neck.

Awesome as I love chunky necks and these are at least .90" at the 1st fret. Are they wider at the nut also? Congrats on a great Tele!

Awesome as I love chunky necks and these are at least .90" at the 1st fret. Are they wider at the nut also? Congrats on a great Tele!

– NJDevil

Nocasters are pretty much 1" all the way with 1.65" at the nut (no taper at all). My '52 pure vintage is 0.91" at the 1st and 1" at the 12th with the same nut width.

I got a great deal on a 2003 Nocaster. I heard a rumor these could have Abby yabarra pickups?

– Nicholas Call

Those are likely not Abigail’s pickups but who cares, I’m sure the guitar sounds fine (you can always check the backs, she would signed them). She was back from her retirement to make pickups for special orders (“real custom” Custom Shop). Those production CS models get custom shop spec pickups (the pups are not expensive at all, they are a good deal). My friend’s 51 CS Esquire (about the same age as yours and with the same neck that I lust after) has that pickup. Those are still great and do not require replacement, at least I wouldn’t bother. The Esquire screams.

Nice thanks for the info. I like them just fine. The electronics with the neck pup blend is cool also.

Nocasters are pretty much 1" all the way with 1.65" at the nut (no taper at all). My '52 pure vintage is 0.91" at the 1st and 1" at the 12th with the same nut width.

– Mil

Nice! Ideally I would like 1.70" but I know that isn't really realistic. The thick neck though is great and the tone? I have to say if I can find one then this goes to the top of the GAS list!

Register Sign in to join the conversation