Other Guitars

NGD: New Gretsch??? (FMIC Material)

I finally had the chance to put this together, and may I present to you my new Gretschmaster!

Essentially this guitar came from an idea of me wanting to marry my two favourite things: my love for the Filtertron, and my familiarity with the Jazzmaster. Everything has been setup nicely, and the only tweak I think I will make will be experimenting with 1Meg pots just to brighten the guitar up a little, as my ears have recently become accustomed to the brightness of Dynasonics.

Anyone else on here have a similar setup?

Nice! I have a Tele which I put a Filtertron in the neck position. Seems Filtertrons work very well in Fender slabs.

Very cool! Good idea, and it has to sound great.

Almost be worth spending on a Squier VM Jazzmaster just to Filter it out.

How did the Filters fit? Do they work in the stock pickup cutouts, or did you need a custom pickguard?

I bet this sounds great!

I put a TV Jones Power'tron in a Stratocaster. I dig it.

Very cool! Good idea, and it has to sound great.

Almost be worth spending on a Squier VM Jazzmaster just to Filter it out.

How did the Filters fit? Do they work in the stock pickup cutouts, or did you need a custom pickguard?

– Proteus

It does sound great! I just want to tinker with it a bit more before I can start putting her into my rotation!

The Jazzmaster routing is quite shallow, so I had to take it further by about 3/8". The beauty of going that far is that I now have enough room to put just about any pickup in there. A part of me wants to put some Dynas in there next. ;)

As for the pickguard, it's a custom one that I had someone cut for me.

I bet this sounds great!

I put a TV Jones Power'tron in a Stratocaster. I dig it.

– BuddyHollywood

Ohhhhhh, sexy!

You know, that's kind of the antithesis of this one:

You know, that's kind of the antithesis of this one:

– Don Birchett

Woah, I've never seen anything like that before! I bet those pickups are a great fit in there.

The pickups themselves fit fine, but not the covers. I had to contour the covers so they'd have the pickup at the proper height as there was no way I was going to rout the top enough to let the whole pickup drop down. This guitar now has T-Armonds in it now, plus I bought a Jazzmaster.

Register Sign in to join the conversation