Other Guitars

NGD- kool Phantom 9 string

Well Thomas Vox people are also Eko Vox people. There never was a Phantom IX but there was a teardrop Mark IX. But the Phantom guitar guy made me a Phantom IX -- only one other. Of course it has the hideous and evil 25.5" scale but for mostly chords 5th fret or below and fingerpicking, I will make an exception. Could be some mods in a while.

In my head you're driving this.

I'd be confused by the extra strings.

Gotta love the Voxmobile -- thanks for posting.

Kool is klearly the korrect spelling in this kase.

Mr Tubs, that's an artist rendering of the mods-to-come.

Tim, a friend was in a metal band called Concrete. Not hard enough. Changed it to Konkrete.

Kool is klearly the korrect spelling in this kase.

– Proteus

Without out question -- there will be more on this later. But this latest guitar mayhem should be fun.

a metal band called Concrete. Not hard enough. Changed it to Konkrete.

Well, pretty good. But it needs an umlaut somewhere. And they could lose the last e. That's a wimpy letter to end a good percussive word with.

Just told him of your improvements, very impressed. He wants you to be manager. Call now to cement the deal.

I can't manage myself. Sure not gonna take on wrangling metalists who can't spell.

I'm wondering how the Chinese /whatever Eko pickup copies are gonna be -- maybe some one makes hi-end ones (why?) or maybe get a repro guard cut for Strat pickups

I remember playing a Vox teardrop nine string (and a Fender Jazz Master) when buying my Gemini 2 in the ‘60s. Cool guitar but my mind was set on a Gretsch like George’s. It’s the only one I have ever seen in person.

Congrats. Looking forward to seeing your mods.

Register Sign in to join the conversation