Other Guitars

NGD - I’m a RickyBob now!

Due to some good luck (work-wise) this year, I can afford to close the book on my 5 year search for an electric 12 string. Thanks to DCBirdMan for a good and hassle free transaction.

It's good to have the right guitar for "that one song..."

Just kidding.

Beautiful Ric!

I do wish someday to play that guitar.

Isn't Will Ferrell RickyBob?

Nice one, thats the only Ric I've ever liked.

Dang, Bob, way to go for it! Impressive axe. I've always wanted to try the wider neck Rics. I just don't know if I could give up my 360/12 WB. Congrats!

that's pretty, congratulations!

Oooh. That's sweet. Congrats Bob12string.

Such a cool looking little geet,congrats Bob!

If i ever got one i'd put the oven knobs on there,love those with the gold guards.

Really nice guitar. I'd love a 660, although I'd probably have more use for the six stringer -- and a black one, please.

Thanks all. I'm stoked. I really love playing it. I see what Rick12string has been saying about needing to improve my technique. I ordered the apparently required Jangle Box.

It came with flat wound strings on it. I have only seen round wound strings from Rickenbacker, so I'm guessing these are Thomastik-Infeld or Pyramid Gold or something. They seem perfect for this guitar.

I'll need help with the knobs from those in the know.

I've found 8 or 10 songs so far that sound great played on it. I'm sure I'll find many more.

I should have arranged for that one to come here first so I could have approved it for you...

Stunning guitar Bob! Congratulations!

I like the gold pickguard a and oven knobs. I'd like to add that to my 360/12 for a unique look

Beautiful ric! I have wanted one of those since I saw tom petty playing one on tv when I was 15, especially in fireglo.

Congrats, Bob!

Poor little Mustang, knocked off the catbird seat.

Nice, nice guitar Bob. Enjoy.

Poor little Mustang, knocked off the catbird seat.

Nice, nice guitar Bob. Enjoy.

– ade

I suspect the Mustang will take it's place back soon enough. Like its Gretsch and Guild brethren, it's a work-a-day axe. The Ric is like a shiny new toy to be brought out on special occasions.

I really fancy a Mustang. So under-rated, yet a great sounding, great playing guitar. Trying to get a lefty is the devil's work.

Really hope you have a great time with the new Rickenbacker. A very handsome guitar, nice wide neck and with that bridge pickup position you won't be begging for treble.

That's not plugged in on a stand, is it?

Keep Curt's number handy.

That's not plugged in on a stand, is it?

Keep Curt's number handy.

– crowbone

Warning taken. Thank you.

Congrats. Hope you bring it to Balto-DC 2017.

Register Sign in to join the conversation