Other Guitars

NGD Guild X-175 Manhattan

I'm not a flatwound guy. I prefer roundwound pure nickels on all my single coil guitars, especially the X175B w/ the Franz pu's. 11's would probably provide optimal tone but I use 10-46's because they work better with the my small old arthritic hands. Never tried Pyramids but I've been very satisfied with Curt Mangan Pure Nickels, GHS Burnished Pure Nickels and Ernie Ball Pure Nickels. The Mangans are available in both round or hex cores and sound great when new while the GHS and Balls seem to maintain brightness longer.

I don't know about serial numbers. The earlier ones came with two bridge saddles - one for a plain G, one for a wound G.

– WB

Which bridge saddle is for wound third and which one for plain third?

Thanks

Congratulations! I love mine, the only change I made was to add a Bigsby, it’s a reflex. I had TI flats (.11s) on it for years and really liked the sound. I like to have one hollow body with rounds and one with flats around, so when I changed the Country Club to flats, I changed the Guild to Fender Pure Nickel rounds and they also sound great.

Which bridge saddle is for wound third and which one for plain third?

Thanks

– ThePolecats

Wound 3rd = 4/2, Plain 3rd = 3/3

Congrats,that's a lovely looking geet sir!

Wound 3rd = 4/2, Plain 3rd = 3/3

– Charlie Vegas

Thanks but not sure what that means. One is relatively straight and one is carved in such a way that it looks its carved for intonation of individual strings. I don’t know much about wooden bridges so didn’t understand what you meant. Thanks.

Thanks but not sure what that means. One is relatively straight and one is carved in such a way that it looks its carved for intonation of individual strings. I don’t know much about wooden bridges so didn’t understand what you meant. Thanks.

– ThePolecats

String construction

4/2 = 4 wound - 2 plain

3/3 = 3 wound - 3 plain

Enjoy your new guitar, it's such a cool looker.

These bridges are 4/2.

String construction

4/2 = 4 wound - 2 plain

3/3 = 3 wound - 3 plain

Enjoy your new guitar, it's such a cool looker.

– Mr Tubs

Thanks. I’m enjoying it very much.

My flats are 4 wound 2 plain but not sure if the previous owner used the right bridge. Not sure which bridge is the one for 4/2 or 3/3.

These bridges are 4/2.

– Mr Tubs

Thanks. So the previous owner had the right bridge.

I need to set the intonation on this and lower action a bit.

Easiest way to tell is if the third string saddle is in front of or behind the second string. If it is in front of it, use a wound third string. If it is behind, use an unwound.

Easiest way to tell is if the third string saddle is in front of or behind the second string. If it is in front of it, use a wound third string. If it is behind, use an unwound.

– Don Birchett

Thanks. The right bridge was put on from your description.

Put some Thomastik flats in .11s on and now it’s even better. With the Chromes it was good but now it’s even better. Amazing guitar that really sings.

Register Sign in to join the conversation