Other Guitars

NGD- Guild M75 Aristocrat

Seems like a fair assessment. I agree, this one seems a bit stiff and sterile. It definitely needs a good "working in".

I don't think that's a Guild Giraldo is playing in the video....it might be a GMP.

– Gretschadelphia

I stand humbly corrected

He does play a GMP

His favorite guitar Is a 68 Guild Starfire and he has several others, according to this article

http://www.premierguitar.co...

Is that a cordoba guitar or a westwhat ever that Fender put out redos of?? I owned an original brand new S-100 bought in 1974. I played that guitar for a decade or more in bands and stupidly and with a soft heart gave it away to my nephew who was advanced enough to have a good guitar but no money. Charity aside, it was the stupidest thing I have done guitar wise.

I tried the 90s reissues and they were lightweight toys. The new ones look more to the point and accurate to the old ones. At the price point, they are a great alternative to an SG. That blue guitar, that black guitar, they all have me in lust...

Beautiful! I've been looking at these for a while and decided I'm going to get one, and do the bigsby mod too. Did you need to make any modifications to the hard case after installing the bigsby to get it to fit? I notice your bridge has no adjustable saddles, are there any intonation issues? Why did you choose this style over a tuno-matic style? Cheers :)

Also, did you use the original bridge posts for you tru arc? Did you keep them floating or fix them? I have the guitar and bigsby now, eagerly awaiting the right bridge so I can put it togetherConsidering a tru arc or equivalent with a pinned rosewood archtop base..

Banana from the Youngbloods used to play one of those, but his had DeArmonds on it:

Banana from the Youngbloods used to play one of those, but his had DeArmonds on it:

– Parabar

The pups on this look odd. No screws on the corners? Flanges look wider?

I played with Banana last year!! very nice fellow! no Guild though!

How does the Guild compare to the D'Armond version?

The pups on this look odd. No screws on the corners? Flanges look wider?

– Charlie Vegas

The DeArmonds used on these Aristocrats are a unique variant. This came up here a couple years ago. Here are some pictures:

How does the Guild compare to the D'Armond version?

– Bob Howard

For starters, the Guild is a whole lot lighter. The DeArmond M-75 was a solid body. The M-77 was chambered, but only minimally. The Guild is completely hollowed out and very lightweight.

Yep, what Afire said. The DeArmond looks like it, but is essentially a (slightly) weight relieved Les Paul. A "proper" M-75 is a mini archtop hollowbody.

That looks so cool in black! congratulations! I briefly owned a new Korean X175, ended up selling it to a student because I had a little financial setback, and recently got another one - they came out with a black one, and I just couldn't resist.

– WB

Wow, I didn't know they've made a black one. Congrats, she's a beauty. I'm very pleased with my blonde and I can't see big differences to a proline Gretsch except minor finish flaws. And the Franz reissues are fantastic pickups! No need for mods, I've only flipped a Reverend soft spring in and been waiting for a TruArc. Anyone knows what pots and switch/ jack they've used stock?

Register Sign in to join the conversation