Other Guitars

NGD: Grez Folsom

Not just any Folsom, a Smugglers Bridge Folsom. Made from reclaimed redwood from a 100 year-old bridge in California. I ordered it with TV Jones Classic/Classic plus and a TK Smith vibrato. It sounds and plays great! Thanks Barry!

Feel free to post more pics and sound clips. Very cool!

nice! how does the vibrato differ from a Bigsby if at all? and what's your opinion on redwood on a solidbody?

another grez beauty...and with tv/tk embellishments... nice!

congrats & enjoy!

cheers

What a looker! I love Barry's work!

Rear view - redwood body/mahogany neck.

The TK vibrato feels pretty similar to a Bigsby, if anything maybe a touch smoother in use and the guitar setup is perfect for the vibrato.

At my request to retain high-end when turning down the volume pot Barry added a treble bleed and used a “vintage” wiring method and it works perfectly with the TV’s.

Nice guitar, Jeff! The redwood is very beautiful, and I believe resistant to termites! I hadn't heard of this guitar make before, but I can see that I've been missing a great thing. I can only imagine that the TV Jones pickups sound amazing on this guitar. I've been noticing that people have been putting Filter'Tron pickups on a lot more guitars lately. They're even popping up on Fenders and Gibsons. The word must be out about how good Filter'Trons are. Enjoy!

Rear view - redwood body/mahogany neck.

The TK vibrato feels pretty similar to a Bigsby, if anything maybe a touch smoother in use and the guitar setup is perfect for the vibrato.

At my request to retain high-end when turning down the volume pot Barry added a treble bleed and used a “vintage” wiring method and it works perfectly with the TV’s.

– Jeff H

TK's vibratos are genius, definitely cadillac status :)

Thanks for for the encouraging words folks. If it's not too much, I'm sort of proud of the video that goes along with the guitar, so here it is.

Link

grez- great vid...great guitar..great work...reclaim!!

cheers

Just coming back around to say that Barry's Folsom is one of my favorite designs and on my short list for my next guitar.

Register Sign in to join the conversation