Other Guitars

NGD Fender Acoustisonic Telecaster

This is the board I used to take around to gigs last year in order to make my guitar and my buddies mandolin and our vocals sound decent through the house P.A.

This is what it used to take to make my guild Songbird sound full.

...and this is what I replaced all of that hardware with. My new Fender Acoustisonic Telecaster. It sounds glorious plugged strait into and PA or acoustic amp like my new Loudbox Charge. I can now just go down by the river and sing and play to the flora and fauna (unlikely) or busk anywhere (I’m trying to figure out playing live in the new normal).

These are pricey but I sold my trusty old Guild Jumbo to finance an ill conceived plan to learn motorcycling. Luckily, the safety course scared me out of such a dangerous plan so this is my consolation self-gift.

Nice acqusition -- guitars are safer than bikes, unless it's a dangerous punk rock or biker bar gig.

When those come out in 22.5" scale, I will get one

Nice acqusition -- guitars are safer than bikes, unless it's a dangerous punk rock or biker bar gig.

When those come out in 22.5" scale, I will get one

– DCBirdMan

There’s always chicken wire...for safety.

Don’t hold your breath. These are 25.5 scale, like a Tele.

Well...I'm glad the motorcycle mayhem didn't happen, and I'm glad the Acoustisonic makes happy.

But I'm a little confused. How could fewer pedals possibly be better?

Acoustic needs (simple) seems to be the opposite concept from the electric need for pedals. My electric guitar board is growing bigger...and I just put in an order for an Afterneath from EQD.

I’ve been thinking about them. Having a great Tele neck on an acoustic would be a game changer.

Thanks, guys. Bob, it is whole new thing.

Very nice. Those are intriguing. If I was someone gigging regularly in small venues, coffee shops, pubs, etc., I can totally see how one of those makes so much sense.

And, hey, good enough for Jack White...

I like the idea of it, but I swear for my tastes they couldn't have made it any less aesthetically pleasing. Just my opinion.

They are interesting guitars up close, but I haven't picked one up to play it yet.

Congrats and enjoy!

They had a lower end Telecoustic back 10 years or so. Had a plastic body.

Hmm . . . sure, why not? Play'er in good health, Bob.

They had a lower end Telecoustic back 10 years or so. Had a plastic body.

– NJBob

That was embarrassingly bad.

Congrats. I'm a bit intrigued by those.

It seemed weird to me until I played one at the Guitar Center. Plugged straight into an acoustic amp and then a PA, I was floored by the sound and playability.

It seemed weird to me until I played one at the Guitar Center. Plugged straight into an acoustic amp and then a PA, I was floored by the sound and playability.

– Bob Howard

I saw one at GC last week but was afraid to touch it. I was surprised that it had decent body depth to it (2.5"?).

1.8” body depth.

– Bob Howard

Ah, so around 2" . . . good. I just glanced at it . . . I didn't want to make direct eye contact, as not to provoke it.

I think they get some undue grief, mostly from folks who haven't played one - I tried one and thought it was pretty good at a lot of things, enough to consider one for a solo gig guitar if I found a deal on one secondhand.

It weighs in at only 5.00 lbs.

– Bob Howard

That's getting to be my weight limit for anything strapped around my neck.

Register Sign in to join the conversation