Other Guitars

NGD A DREAM COME TRUE!!

Hi folks! Today I picked up my new KING SNAKE GUITAR from a friend in Belgium : MIJ Selected Guitars. These guitars are made in the Terada factory and give you the feel of a mint vintage guitar. I just have to mod the circuit,to make it useful for me and,off course, a Bigsby and an engraved golden armrest.

Gorgeous! Will that take a B6, or does it require a B7?

cool...congrats and enjoy

get your t-bone walker on!

cheers

Gorgeous! Will that take a B6, or does it require a B7?

– kc_eddie_b

It's got a b6

That should evoke you inner T-Bone Walker! Nice guitar!

That's a beauty. Was not aware of that brand.
What strings do you have on it?

ooo I want one! Too rich for my blood but they look like they're worth it!

ooo I want one! Too rich for my blood but they look like they're worth it!

– Toxophilite

At their website I don't see price and neither did he post how much he paid. You know the price so curious how much are these?

At their website I don't see price and neither did he post how much he paid. You know the price so curious how much are these?

– ThePolecats

I looked on ebay they seemed to be $3000+

Thanks. I guess the print was so small I missed it the first time.

Hey. That's not a Country Club!!!

– Strummerson

WTF ???? I will my money back !!!!

The night was short, while I modded that Beauty. The old layout wasn t that useful IMO. It was : the toggle for each PU alone : (. The first pot near the bridge was vol for each PU, in the middle was tone for the neck and middle PU, the last one was tone for the bridge PU. Not so versatile, as you see.

Here's what it is right now. I positioned the toggle in the bass side area.Now it works as usual for neck, neck / bridge together, bridge alone. I added a mastervolume where the toggle was before.The first pot in the row is vol for the neck PU, the middle vol for the middle PU direct connected to the mastervolume , and the last one is a mastertone.So I can combine each PU with each other.!!!

Mr. Holly that's a good setup that you did with the electronics. I bet it sounds even better now. I never heard of this maker of guitar but I really like what your guitar.

Love the arm-rest and the spoon-handle on the B6! That is a proper machine now!

Congrats VooDoo!

I was thinking about the 2 Bone King Snake for a while there during the year, but run into some money troubles.

Congrats VooDoo!

I was thinking about the 2 Bone King Snake for a while there during the year, but run into some money troubles.

– JCHiggy

I love this version of the 2 bone. It has a wonderful grain and sounds great, too.

BEAUTIFUL. Dang! I had an Epi ZBD for quite awhile as my main gigger. I found it to be super versatile. Wish I still had it, actually. The electronics on that were the same as the ES5: no switch, a volume for each pickup and a master tone. ANY combination of pickups is dialed up from the volume knobs and it's not as fiddly as you might think.

Where did you get your armrest? Did you make it?

Looks great. I had a '53 ES5 back in the 1980's, so I have a soft spot for guitars like this.

Just for fun, here's a custom '49 ES5 that was on the market a couple of years ago. Serial number is '49 despite the script head logo. Tasty L5 features, plus some insane flame. It was originally owned by the guitarist in the Desi Arnaz Orchestra (useless but interesting trivia for you there).

Register Sign in to join the conversation