Other Guitars

New Reverend Pete Anderson baritone

Summer NAMM

Compound radius, 28" scale, roasted maple neck, Pao Ferro fretboard, 5 way switch. $1100 street

Pretty cool, but I wish they'd mentioned how it was tuned and the string gauges.

And wish they had done it with his PA-1 hollowbody model....

At 28 5/8" scale, I'd use A to A, regardless of how it came to me. Really interested in this guitar.

Yep, this one looks pretty cool, and I may need it if for no other reason than to keep my collection of every Pete model they make complete. Something about what Pete likes in a guitar that matches up perfectly with what I like in a guitar. Feelin' a need for one.

If only they put out the PA-1 with P90s in that redburst!

Also love what they are doing here. Though shouldn't the neck pickup be flipped with the slugs under the bass strings and the blades under the treble? More articulation in the bass and smooth out the trebles, no? Even the bridge pickup. So the bigger bends are across blades.

We have that guitar (the reeves gabrels) at the store I work at, and it sounds great as is - I think Joe Naylor knows what he's doing re: pickups and electronics.

They're pretty high output, fat and big sounding humbuckers, and considering their big tone and high output, they have pretty great string to string definition. And Reverend's "bass contour" control is super cool - you can really get a very useful "almost single coil" tone from humbuckers, or give P90's an "almost strat" kind of tone.

And Reverend's "bass contour" control is super cool - you can really get a very useful "almost single coil" tone from humbuckers, or give P90's an "almost strat" kind of tone.

Every time Revs come up, I have to chime in with my enthusiastic endorsement of this feature. It's pretty magical. And I still want to retrofit my Eastpointe-era Slingshot Pro with it. It came out just after I bought, and Joe refused to install it. Said they never modify guitars after they're sold.

Reverends are always right - spec, construction, especially setup. Fine operation.

I loved the bass contour on the Rick Vito I sold a while back. I think Proteus has tried to reverse engineer it. Should be simple. But somehow eluded him, if I recall.

To be clear, I haven't tried very hard - and it wouldn't take much to elude me. When it comes to wiring I'm strickly a paint-by-numbers and/or trial-and-error operator.

I think I found an unauthorized schematic for it online, and just never followed through.

Register Sign in to join the conversation