Other Guitars

New demented projects now underway

Jazzmaster body w/ monster rout getting a finish and 3 different guards w/ 3 different pickup configurations that can be dropped right in.

Half bass/half guitar getting a finish and three 3 pole buckers --found some good US ones --one for bass in neck position. 2 for guitar -- neck and bridge. Will be the longest scale I now use for bass... 25.5". Guitar is just lo-position chords so I have live w/ it . Will be at least a few months getting these to completion.

BTW, just a little guitar trivia - that kind of rout is called a swimming pool rout. A fair amount of Strats (not the high end ones) have swimming pool routs, so the bodies can be used for numerous Strat pickup configurations, during guitar production/assembly.

BTW, just a little guitar trivia - that kind of rout is called a swimming pool rout. A fair amount of Strats (not the high end ones) have swimming pool routs, so the bodies can be used for numerous Strat pickup configurations, during guitar production/assembly.

– EllenGtrGrl

It's a one size fits all kinda thing.

Link

thought of you DC when I saw this earlier. Now I want one. Damn it sounds good.

Link

thought of you DC when I saw this earlier. Now I want one. Damn it sounds good.

– Sourpuss

I think those are 24". That's my long scale But I do like those.

– EllenGtrGrl

The rout on the Jazzmaster is a Olympic size swimming pool rout to hang all kinda pickups in on 3 different guards.

I had posted earlier about what pickup designs just require a pickguard for mounting. Some like Gretsch require wood also. Those can't be mounted in this.

No one answered but Gretsch had different mounting for different pickups... would like to have Filtertrons in one guard but don't know if they can be done that way.

Register Sign in to join the conversation