Other Guitars

New addition to the herd

Couldn’t let this one pass me by. 1950 L7!

Sa-weeeeeeeeet !!

I think that's really an L7-C (cutaway). In a move I completely regret, I sold one that was in fairly bad shape for $500 back in 1992 or so. I got the guitar for free back in 1969. It was hanging on a nail in a girlfriend's garage (no case). No electronics at all. Debated for over 20 years whether or not to get it fixed and refinished. Oh well.

If it had been in the shape yours is, I'd still own it. Congrats on that beauty!!!

Ooooo . . .pretty!

That's very nice indeed!

What a beaut! Love the cutaway and Rhythm Chief.

Congratulations - that's a beaut! You know, it still looks a bit bare with only that one monkey on the stick...

L7C's were (are) nice guitars. I think I had one for a shory while, perhaps on loan. The model that I was especially fond of was the L4C; like an ES 175 but with had a carved spruce top and no factory installed electronics. Congrats on a nice guitar.

Nice! How does it play? From Rufus? Solid carved spruce tops are always cool.

Congratulations - that's a beaut! You know, it still looks a bit bare with only that one monkey on the stick...

– Mel Waldorf

I guess you can make a case Mel, but your guitar could use a lovely bound tort guard.

Dave you forgot to bash on the sunburst!! Are you okay??? What did you do with the real Windsordave??

That's very nice....Congrats!

Nice! How does it play? From Rufus? Solid carved spruce tops are always cool.

– Toxophilite

Yup, seller got very motivated. Sounds and plays great. Just needed a cleaning and a new set of strings. I had the dearmond at home already. Just need to make a cable for it

– Mel Waldorf

Quit hogging all the dearmonds!!!!

what are the pickups on these couple of example pictures? you're mentioning dearmonds... yeah? these look like those gold foil varieties some manufacturers make for teles. i've been on kind of a gold-foil kick lately.... and am always interested in hollowbodies with single coils.

Nice! Poor mans L-5! And quite often sounding as good or better.

VIDEO! VIDEO! VIDEO!

Dang that's purty! I'd love to hear you play that thing, Paul!

I had a 1940s non-cutaway for several years. Very foolishly traded for a new Gibson acoustic in the mid 90s. Value-wise, not the worst trade, but it was a much better guitar, not to mention what I now regognize as great sentimental value.

Register Sign in to join the conversation