Other Guitars

New 2018 Les Paul Junior

While I like Gibson's normal logo just fine I have no problem with their script logo on these Juniors. That and the knobs are what make the 2018 version different from their vintage models. There should be something to distinguish them, right?

However, whoever is in charge of marketing at most guitar companies don't understand that guitar players have a hard time embracing change on guitars. My pedestrian advice coming from a musician's perspective is to remind them that it's OK to change the looks of a blender, a TV, a computer, even a car or whatever but once you have a successful formula leave the guitars alone.

While I like Gibson's normal logo just fine I have no problem with their script logo on these Juniors. That and the knobs are what make the 2018 version different from their vintage models. There should be something to distinguish them, right?

However, whoever is in charge of marketing at most guitar companies don't understand that guitar players have a hard time embracing change on guitars. My pedestrian advice coming from a musician's perspective is to remind them that it's OK to change the looks of a blender, a TV, a computer, even a car or whatever but once you have a successful formula leave the guitars alone.

– BuddyHollywood

"If it aint broke dont fix it"

I also agree with you on changing anything on a product that already has built a long lasting reputation for itself.

Looks like the R & D guys needed to justify their employment so they added a few things to make it "better".

Register Sign in to join the conversation