Other Guitars

NEED a tuner for a ‘75 Guild G-37

I bought this baby new in '75. Been playing her hard for 43 years now, hardly an issue. About 15 years ago I stripped a tuner and got in touch with Hans Moust (world renowned Guild authority, lives in the Netherlands). He found me a replacement tuner from the same "LOT" to maintain its vintage integrity. Just stripped another today, and my gigs this week are Fri, Sat, Sun. #1: anybody know where I could find Hans these days??? #2: any recommendations what I might buy / where I might find a suitable temp )or permanent) replacement? Do Guitar Centers carry such items? Appreciate your input! Ed

Try Stewmac they have a vintage line that has worked for me a few times.

There's a guy posting in the garage sale section with a large collection of vintage keys for sale as sets and single parts. IMHO pricing is on the HIGH side, but it wouldnt hurt to shoot him a PM and check his inventory.

I bought this baby new in '75. Been playing her hard for 43 years now, hardly an issue. About 15 years ago I stripped a tuner and got in touch with Hans Moust (world renowned Guild authority, lives in the Netherlands). He found me a replacement tuner from the same "LOT" to maintain its vintage integrity. Just stripped another today, and my gigs this week are Fri, Sat, Sun. #1: anybody know where I could find Hans these days??? #2: any recommendations what I might buy / where I might find a suitable temp )or permanent) replacement? Do Guitar Centers carry such items? Appreciate your input! Ed

– Premansite

Hello Ed,

Should be able to help you out, but probably not fast enough for your gig this weekend. If you haven't been able to find a tuner after that, just get back with me through my website.

And by the way, are you sure you bought that guitar is 1975? Looks like a slightly later model to me!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust www.guitarsgalore.nl

Register Sign in to join the conversation