Other Guitars

NDD—(with apologies to Proteus)

Yep. New Duesenberg Day! It is a Joe Walsh signature model. I've had my eye on one of these since they were first announced, and thanks to David A. at the Chicago Music Exchange, one of them is mine!!!

Joe makes them sound pretty good. Nice looking guitar!

Why are you apologizing to Proteus?

Nice guitar by the way.

Nice guitar by the way.

– ThePolecats

It's an old story. Not sure that it's appropriate for me to explain.

Nice Guitar, I've got a Duesenberg Pomona lap steel and love it!

Nice guitar by the way.

– ThePolecats

To our dear literary bard Proteus, this, is the only Duesenberg he recognizes.

Beautiful guitar Toddfan. Joe Walsh is my favorite rock guitar player.

Thanks guys!

It won't be in my grubby little hands until late next week.

(the "apologies to Proteus" comment was my lame attempt at humor...my understanding was that at some point in the past, there was some sort of "discussion" about Duesenberg Guitars, and that Proteus took a rather dim view of them...I wasn't directly involved so I do not know what was said by anyone, really...but, I kind of thought Proteus might get a little smile out of it.... I'm sure that he is happy for me, nonetheless! )

The wife and I visited Chicago for a few days, and on Christmas Eve, we went in to say hello to David A. at Chicago Music Exchange....I wanted to look around at all the cool gear that they have...and, while I was hoping to leave with "something", I really did not expect to leave with the Joe Walsh model guitar. I'd been wanting to see one of them "in person" since I first read that they were being released, but there is no way to go into any KC area store and see a Duesenberg. Fortunately (unfortunately???) I saw it hanging on the wall...picked it up...and, my wife said "that one looks really pretty!". So I played it for a bit and then went and asked David A. if he could get me a price that would convince me to "take it home"...and, sure enough...he did! I can highly recommend talking with David A. if you are ever in the CME store looking to get something. He is very easy going and laid back and gives you a fair deal pretty much right from the get go...I like that. I don't like buying a guitar to turn into a situation similar to buying a car...lol....and with David A., it doesn't.

Here is one of the "beauty shots" that CME had taken for their web page...it is much better than any I will be able to take will turn out:

Joe Walsh is my favorite player! Here's my JW Alliance. Interesting fact about these guitars: fretboard inlay spells Joe F. Walsh in morse code.

Nice guitar! Congrats!

Tim isn't really a hater. I think his main issue was with the name itself. It meant something back in the day, to say you had a duesy! I think he was more upset that that the people who hold the Duesenberg name for the automobile didn't make a fuss when a guitar maker tried to use the name. It was all mostly tongue in cheek, I believe.

Nice guitar! Congrats!

Tim isn't really a hater. I think his main issue was with the name itself. It meant something back in the day, to say you had a duesy! I think he was more upset that that the people who hold the Duesenberg name for the automobile didn't make a fuss when a guitar maker tried to use the name. It was all mostly tongue in cheek, I believe.

– Suprdave

Thanks for the clarification Suprdave! Like I said, I wasn't "there", so I don't really know what actually happened...just what I have read in other threads regarding the legendary discussion...lol.....I've met Tim, and also avidly look forward to his posts here at the GDP, so I would expect nothing less from him than to be a totally straight up person who might, at times, have his tongue firmly planted in his cheek! No disrespect was intended in my bringing him up.

This guy makes some magic with a Duesenberg. Gets some great sounds out of it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation