Other Guitars

NBD dig how kool

Just got this bad boy not 3 hrs ago. '65 Longhorn bass -- one of the cleanest I have seen. And for righteous price too.

For the second line 1960s stuff -- Harmony/Kay/Supro, and Danelctro... market is soft/down.

World's killer cleanest 1961 Dano 3923 doubleneck I had was Gruhn appraised at $2K and after 5 months I got that much

This was quite a bit less. So this scene of these basses, and 3923 doublenecks @ $2500 -$3K -- those days are over -- if they ever really existed. no matter what you see from dreamers in Japan or Europe.

Heard local anecdotes around here that vintage amp market is even worse. They just sit there.

But back to this bass .

Some things changed from '61 to 65 - cheaper skate key tuners around '64, but improved tilt neck happened, also normal tone control went to this 2 position scene although it looks the same.

So should be up and running once it goes thru the shop

I absolutely love these basses. I only know the Korean reissues, but the sound, that flubby chubby elastic-band-over-a-shoebox sound is my favourite. Especially with flats on it.

Congratulations!

Super!

Congratulations, and enjoy!

I like the copper better than the baby blue on my 90s Dano longhorn bari.

But we should totally get a group together. We could do nothing but spaghetti western themes (and originals in that vein). What could it be called but The Longhorns?

Should be all done up/set up in a few days and hits the live stage next month

I like the copper better than the baby blue on my 90s Dano longhorn bari.

But we should totally get a group together. We could do nothing but spaghetti western themes (and originals in that vein). What could it be called but The Longhorns?

– Proteus

Longhorn guitars like Link Wray had truly seldom seen.

Cool. Cool. Nice score!

Always liked the look of those, Congrats!

It's all set up now and is a monster.

Register Sign in to join the conversation