Other Guitars

My TVcaster

I‘d like to introduce my new Thinline. Took me 2 years but it was worth every hour and every penny!

Details

Tuners:

Kluson Japan Single Line;

Callahan Stainless Steel string retainer.

Nut:

TusqXL Vintage

Neck:

Warmoth Custom Raw Deal roasted AAAA Flamed Maple Fat neck, compound radius 10-16“, 1“ 1st fret/12th fret, Jescar medium Jumbos

Body:

Swamp ash/maple top, Fender-chambered but with completely massive center block. Faded Sonic Blue, Nitrocellulose lacquer, finished by Uwe Schölch (Tonfuchs guitars).

Hardware:

Raw Alu, Nickel aged (Glendale)

Pickups:

Handwound by David Barfuss.

Neck: Alnico 5, 42 AWG, 6.2 kO Bridge: Alnico 3, 42 AWG, 5.7 kO

Bridge:

Truarc Serpentune in raw alu on custom dBridge alubase

Electronics:

Emerson Custom (250 kO Emerson PRO CTS Solid Shaft, Oak Grigsby 3-Way Switch, Switchcraft 1/4" Mono Input Jack, 0.047uf Emerson Paper in Oil Capacitor, Treblebleed)

Tailpiece:

Bigsby B16, Chet arm, Reverend soft spring

Weight:

2.8 kg

Sweet.What amp are you playing thru in that vid?

Very cool ! Came out great! Enjoy!

Sweet.What amp are you playing thru in that vid?

– stokes

Thanks. I‘ve played thru a Swart STR Tremolo, very low volume (recorded in my workroom).

Looks and sounds superb!

sounds wonderful!

Looks super! I really like that roasted neck!

It sounds great and looks beautiful. I love the color. You spec'd it out perfectly. Congratulations on building a great guitar!

Thanks guys. I‘m really happy with this guitar, it‘s honestly more or less perfect.

What’s the “TV” name about?

Thanks for including Tru-Arc in the build, Stefan. It looks killer on there, and I hope it zings appropriately!

What’s the “TV” name about?

– NJBob

I was looking for something similar to „TELECASTER“.

@proteus: I have to thank you Tim! It‘s a fantastic sounding bridge and intonation is superb!

That looks and sounds wonderful Stefan.

Great playing too.

I was looking for something similar to „TELECASTER“.

@proteus: I have to thank you Tim! It‘s a fantastic sounding bridge and intonation is superb!

– Stefan

Aha. Boobtubecaster would also apply. ;)

Aha. Boobtubecaster would also apply. ;)

– NJBob

I‘ll swap the pickups for TVjones and sell him the guitar

Not mine, but what a rare find- 1951 Telecaster with B16 and a Bigsby made custom Pickguard.

Late to the party. I love Thinline Teles, but yours takes things to a new level. Congrats.

Awesome job. Looks nice!

Register Sign in to join the conversation