Other Guitars

my stupidest idea yet

Well no one on the ebay or the verb (or here even) has been beating down the door for this swimming pool rout Jazzmaster body, so keeping it hopefully for this.

I am pretty sure it measures out so my favorite All Parts Duo Sonic bridge comes up just to edge so I can have a 22.5" scale Jazzmaster

But measuring further, I could place an identical birdge right behind it at 24" scale position and assuming neck fit and holes are ok on this 24" scale neck _assuming a lot --- then it could be a twin scale guitar.

But at least world's only 22.5" Jazzmaster -- at least the exploratory mission -- gets started.

The scale is dictated by the neck. Am I missing something?

Multi scale guitar ? Well, use a capo.

– Afire

My thoughts exactly. Unless you don't care for notes to be correct..

It's gonna work. We know to measure.

It's gonna work. We know to measure.

– DCBirdMan

Well, you did preface it by calling it your stupidest idea yet, so I guess it's folly to expect a foolproof plan.

I'm full of dumb ideas and love Jazzmasters - I'm all in here. Ready to see some magic!!

The space between the frets changes as you change the scale length.

How is it that I find a thread title like that to be irresistible click bait?!?

This is a great idea!

I like that body, BTW (without changing the finish), but I want a Jazzmaster tremolo on a Jazzmaster, and that's a lot of routing to do.

Will 22.5” still work with a Jazzmaster tremolo? The Fender Professional and Player series guitars move the tremolo a little closer to the bridge, and possibly add a little neck angle, to fix the problems with lighter strings.

My stupid Jazzmaster idea, a Jazzmaster for jazz guitarists. It would have a floating humbucker (I've already bought a hand wound Kent Armstrong PAF-1), no controls, just an output jack on the bottom. At the top there would be the volume and tone control wheels and a three way switch, straight out, volume control only, volume and tone control.

– Afire

Position the bridge at twice the distance from the 12th fret and it should work fine. And the swimming pool route gives you endless flexibility with pickup position.

The space between the frets changes as you change the scale length.

– BuddyHollywood

I think he has 2 necks to use.

I think he has 2 necks to use.

– hammerhands

That's the only way it could work. It wasn't clear to me from the original post.

Register Sign in to join the conversation