Other Guitars

Mondo Goodness in this Reverb Gallery…

Ooo, look at all the colors.

There's a whole bunch of sweetness there.

Well I guess the only interaction between Gretsch and Burns was the neck box thing -- since Baldwin was involved with both.

One other instance of this was with CBS owning Fender and Leslie... a few years after the acqusitions came the single rotor Leslies in Fender clothes, Models 16 and 18 and then one branded as Fender, the Vibratone which was really a model 18 pretty sure. It was meant to be an accessory for Rhodes piano.

Now I am not a bass player... but if I was, THIS would be my bass!! Such a pretty girl!

Now I am not a bass player... but if I was, THIS would be my bass!! Such a pretty girl!

– kc_eddie_b

Well I am liking my mid 60s Mosrite Celebrity bass (25" scale). I play acoustic or semi acoustic stuff mostly except for a recent fill-in on the electric twang scene.

In my purist days, took a 3/4 upright around, then went to 1/4" upright, and now it's only these little super short scale basses I go on about.

For the electric group I use the National Map bass.

Thus far of all the ones I have tried the Celebrity is the most like an uipright -- neck pickup w/ tone rolled off -- it's the most muffled, no-sustain, percussive thump of em all. I guess they were just trying to get a piece of the Gibson EB-2 scene which was a big deal back then. The Celebrity also came in normal 30" scale.

But those Ventures models sure got the looks!

“A little weird” seems accurate to me. I do like some however.

Register Sign in to join the conversation