Other Guitars

martin goes over the cliff

Well the marketing geniuses @ Martin found another angle to move the firewood... cater to the stoner crowd... not that there's anything wrong w/ that

at first I thought it was a joke

I would think that that guitar will generate very limited appeal.

Kinda cool for a month or two but then what?

The new D200 is a bit strange, in my opinion.....

https://www.martinguitar.co...

– senojnad

I agree Dan. (I hadn't seen this one before either). It looks to me like it would have even more limited appeal than the weed box. Bet it costs more too.

I do wish that they had credited the inlay artist or maybe it was a CNC machine.

I would think that that guitar will generate very limited appeal.

Kinda cool for a month or two but then what?

– JW

Perhaps not. There could be quite a bit of appeal in Canada a year this coming July when weed is legalized coast to coast. In the meantime, perhaps the states where it's legal now will be a market for these Martins.

That's disgusting. I hope it's a hoax. April Fools for 4/20.

Maybe on July 14 they'll announce a Quaalude model.

They're trying to recoup the money they lost when Tarentino trashed that antique in a movie.

Well at least it's subtle....

– Rattlecat

Good one RC. Thumbs up.

Almost as embarrassing as Chicago losing in 4 games to Nashville...

...------

– Rattlecat

I'm going to be laughing all day at this...

I agree Dan. (I hadn't seen this one before either). It looks to me like it would have even more limited appeal than the weed box. Bet it costs more too.

I do wish that they had credited the inlay artist or maybe it was a CNC machine.

– JW

Yes, it costs a bit more.... MSRP is $149,999.00 (street price = $119,999.00)

They do give credit to the watchmaker (Roland G. Murphy) that was involved with this project.

I wouldn't knock Martin too much. These guitars are like concept cars at the auto shows, designed to attract attention, but not meant for mainstream sales. Not long ago Gretsch put this one out. It was covered in dust and heavily (unadvertised) discounted at a Gretsch dealer: Link One of the salesmen in the store said they wanted to cross the "G" and "s" off the headstock and rename it the "retch" guitar.

That horrible Martin is actually more attractive than that horrible Gretsch.

...------

They'll sell huge in Colorado.

I wouldn't knock Martin too much. These guitars are like concept cars at the auto shows, designed to attract attention, but not meant for mainstream sales. Not long ago Gretsch put this one out. It was covered in dust and heavily (unadvertised) discounted at a Gretsch dealer: Link One of the salesmen in the store said they wanted to cross the "G" and "s" off the headstock and rename it the "retch" guitar.

– Gretschrocker

Here's video of some guy with hairy legs playing the "Retch" guitar. I think it's Fred Gretsch's barber, maybe? Just kiddin'

Martin heard a rumour that Santa Cruz Guitar Co. was going to put out a 420 guitar and had to beat them to the marketplace.

Paul Pigat made that "retch" sound pretty good:

As did Greg Koch:

It will only play reggae or songs by Willie Nelson or the Grateful Dead.

Or maybe these guys ...

Maybe on July 14 they'll announce a Quaalude model.

– Jeff H

A 714 Banjo would be funny!

Register Sign in to join the conversation