Other Guitars

Lovely Brazilian Rosewood on Manzer Classical

Windsordave asked me to post a few pics of my Manzer nylon string. I just got the photos done in preparation for selling it. Here they are:

That's a lovely guitar.

"Venison"??

Gorgeous guitar from one of the world's finest luthiers. How long have you had it and why the need to sell it?

Very nice guitar indeed. How can you think about selling it?

Gorgeous guitar from one of the world's finest luthiers. How long have you had it and why the need to sell it?

– Windsordave

Well, I asked Linda to make it when I was playing with a Brazilian jazz group several years ago that I thought was going to be highly successful. We were a hit at the Ottawa and Montreal Jazz Festivals and there was much interest in the group, distribution offers for the CD, offers for touring, etc. As it turned out, the singer, who was leading the band, in spite of the opportunities, decided to leave Canada and open a music school for kids in Orlando. I really haven't played it much since then.

I have recently moved back to Toronto and bought a house. Toronto is a very expensive city and, well, I need to put money into the house.

I could keep it, but I worry about taking it out to gigs, having it stolen, etc., and I have another nylon string that is not so precious that I use, although I find myself playing less and less nylon string as time goes on.

BTW, if anyone is struggling to amplify their acoustic guitar and use it in a group, the RMC pickup system is the best; sounds like a million bucks through an AER amp. Its a pain to install, but well worth it.

Too bad you have to let it go. I know all about the prices on homes in southern Ontario! I'll bet it's a dream to play! Good luck with the sale.

FWIW folks, guitars from Linda Manzer are as good as they come.

That's a lovely guitar.

"Venison"??

– geoguy

Old Bowery Boys reference to singing in 'unison'. the show was already old when I was a kid.

Beautiful wood. Would there be issues if you try to sell it across borders? Or do you have the necessary CITES paperwork? (Im not looking to buy it, just wondering.)

Old Bowery Boys reference to singing in 'unison'. the show was already old when I was a kid.

– Journeyman

Venison? Oh deer!

Beautiful wood. Would there be issues if you try to sell it across borders? Or do you have the necessary CITES paperwork? (Im not looking to buy it, just wondering.)

– drmilktruck

It would be very risky to ship it over the border as I don't have the CITES license. Carrying it across would be fine. I'm not sure where I would sell something like this; probably deliver it to one of the specialty guitar dealers and have them sell it. I'll have to think all of that through. In any case, I'll probably have it around to play for a little while yet.

I was playing it today for a while. It's funny how playing it as any other guitar, with pick and fingers, and not approaching it like a 'classical', was a lot of fun. I had always used a totally different right hand approach, but now I'm thinking that relaxing with it and playing it more or less the same as any other type of guitar might be the way to go. Does anyone else play both electric steel string and nylon string?

It would be very risky to ship it over the border as I don't have the CITES license. Carrying it across would be fine. I'm not sure where I would sell something like this; probably deliver it to one of the specialty guitar dealers and have them sell it. I'll have to think all of that through. In any case, I'll probably have it around to play for a little while yet.

I was playing it today for a while. It's funny how playing it as any other guitar, with pick and fingers, and not approaching it like a 'classical', was a lot of fun. I had always used a totally different right hand approach, but now I'm thinking that relaxing with it and playing it more or less the same as any other type of guitar might be the way to go. Does anyone else play both electric steel string and nylon string?

– Journeyman

Probably a good idea to have a specialty shop sell it, I assume a Manzer goes for good coin.

That’s one heck of a guitar. I’d suggest talking to Chris Bennett at the 12th fret. He’s got the buyers for such high end guitars

– Journeyman

For many years, I have been playing classical guitar exclusively in the pure classical technique. I still use the same technique for nylon string guitars. For steel string guitars, acoustic or electric, I use a pick, but I try to emulate the same style.

Is there anywhere we can hear this guitar ?

Register Sign in to join the conversation