Other Guitars

Lapsteel CNC toolpath

This has been a long time coming almost a year since I purchased the CNC. Kids today learn CAM and CAD in school, the problem is I’m no kid!

Anyhoo here’s a look.

Cool, Curt!

I worked at a large machine shop for one of my "Co-ops" during college in the late 70's. I remember they got their first CNC machine. It ran on 2" punch tape. I think it was a Burgess.. In my six months there, i don't think they had gotten it to produce anything.. Things have come a LONG way since then.

A CNC router and a cyclone collector? That's so cool. I want one. Congratulations on the addition to your shop.

Great looking steel project Curt. Hope that there will be sound samples soon.

I love watching machines happily toiling away and when I do I always hear this in my head.

Very cool! Congrats on the addition to the shop. Now put that guard back in place, didn't you see that sticker?

Cool, Curt!

I worked at a large machine shop for one of my "Co-ops" during college in the late 70's. I remember they got their first CNC machine. It ran on 2" punch tape. I think it was a Burgess.. In my six months there, i don't think they had gotten it to produce anything.. Things have come a LONG way since then.

– Metman

Yep, way easier to use and a lot less money. This machine and software wasn't cheap but several years ago it would have been 10X the cost.

A CNC router and a cyclone collector? That's so cool. I want one. Congratulations on the addition to your shop.

Great looking steel project Curt. Hope that there will be sound samples soon.

– JW

Thanks, if it sounds like it's sister I'll be happy.

Register Sign in to join the conversation