Other Guitars

Jim D’Addario selling off part of his collection.

I had a 1974 20th Annie White Les Paul Custom...my first really nice guitar.

Might be a stretch to get $25,000 for it...despite all the signatures.

That's does it. I'm buying Lotto tickets.

I'll take the Super 400, Excel and 00-42. That should give me all the tools I need for the styles of music I can't really play well. I suppose I'll need a bass, so the Hagstrom too.

At first I thought you were talking to me... "Jim, D'Addario is selling off part of his collection". Then I noticed that there was no comma, and also realized that you don't typically start threads as personal messages to me. By the way, how come you never do that?

Link from Reverb says no listings.

– Windsordave

That happened to me too, then I noticed that the default setting on the left side of the page said "ships to: Australia". I'm not in Australia, but I surfed into Reverb recently from a link I had found in a web search, and I think there was an Australia connection there. Anyway, try scanning the page for anything odd like that. Clearing cookies may also help.

I'll take the Super 400, Excel and 00-42. That should give me all the tools I need for the styles of music I can't really play well. I suppose I'll need a bass, so the Hagstrom too.

– Afire

How about you take the D'A and the Martin, and I take the Super 4? After all, I was born in 1956. Oh, wait- the D'A is also a '56. I guess I'll need that too.

Sorry. The Super 400 is the one that really makes me weak in the knees, and I already called it. But you can have the others 'cause I'm such a great guy.

I appreciate that his stated reason for selling is to get them into the hands of someone who will actually play them. Unfortunately at those inflated prices it's not likely to happen. BTW, I just happened to have played a small martin made in 1945 that is one of the best acoustics I ever got my mitts on. Wish I had the $10,500 it would cost to bring her home. Also played a Gibby SR Chet Atkins owned by Roy Clark. Not for sale though. Man, I had no idea those things were so heavy!

Register Sign in to join the conversation