Other Guitars

Jet Paul

It's a chambered guitar, so I figure that's close to a Jet. Sounds pretty darn good! I felt a little bad about having to cut down the pickup housing to get it to fit, but.... I'll put another in when I can find one.

That's what Les liked. See the video for How High The Moon; that's a DeArmond in the neck position.

How does it sound? Do the 2 pickups blend well?

Nice! I like the idea, that’s what the staple pickup was invented for, isn’t it?

Nice! I like the idea, that’s what the staple pickup was invented for, isn’t it?

– Nick45

I would have gone with a staple or T-Armond soapbar mount.

How's it sound with both pickups on? This is something ive been mulling over for quite some time. Sascha said it didn't work for him due to phase issues, but a lot of others say its good. Does it solve the mud issue in the neck position?

How's it sound with both pickups on? This is something ive been mulling over for quite some time. Sascha said it didn't work for him due to phase issues, but a lot of others say its good. Does it solve the mud issue in the neck position?

I like it plenty with both pickups...and with the neck only, actually. I don't have mud problems with a neck Dearmond. I am tempted to mess with pot values, though. The ones in the guitar don't even have the value on them. I'll have to meter them. As for phase issues...I lost the phase coin flip on the first try and switched the wires. No biggy. So far, I've only plugged into my little workbench amp and the Premier that I dragged out to post a couple photos. I'm looking forward to plugging this into my Bassman with the TMB and Presence controls. As for aesthetics...I may get a blank P90 cover and get the Les Paul look.

I have a chambered Les Paul. Put KA P90's in and 50s wiring and a Bigsby.

Register Sign in to join the conversation