Other Guitars

It Isn’t Easy Being Green

Oncet upon a time I owned this over-quilty Raven 12-string in fluorescentgreenburst. Despite swapping in GFS RetroTron pickups, we didn't bond, and it left for Australia.

Electromatic G5622T, 2013

in gorgeous Georgia green, body-color pickup surrounds, dump the pickguard, add Tru-Arc™, tweak the switching for all possible combinations. Truly evergreen.

Reverend Airwave 12-string, 2017

Minty fresh!

Is this a Soviet guitar? I wonder if the headstock was the inspiration for the Gretsch TKs of the '70's.

– lx

I'm told it's a Soviet guitar.

The boys have a few of them now, and surprisingly, they're good players!

Telecaster with Jason Lollar HB sized P90s. It's a rock and roll machine with a fat midrange tone!

I want a Green Guitar...have come close a few times. They sound better....

I'll play --- I've got two. First up is a Sanatoga JT Hawk 12 string. John Hall put the kibosh on these shortly after they hit the market, even though they aren't a copy of any actual Ric, it looks and sounds Ric-ish. Only with a nice comfy-wide fretboard.

And my Dillion DR-500 I --- 24 fret neck and creamy tone with massive sustain, but also very crisp bright clean tones.

1959 Country Club. The most spectacular guitar I own.

Love a bit of greenery. Here is mine with a proprietary bridge that I can’t show you.

Either that, or freshly out of its case and box after the long trip home from Streetsounds and the 2017 Balto-DC Roundup.

Green machine? I've got a few (and have had a few others)...

Caddy Green Broadkaster Jr. before a few mods.....

Same Caddy Green Broadkast Jr -- on the left -- with Tru-Arc Serpentune, Wire-Arm and a "BricksBiggsFix" on the Bigsby to correct tuning stability problems (works like a champ!!).

You know what the guitar on the right is......... I though about painting it green to comply with this thread, but.......

Another old friend (also Caddy Green) with wire-arm, Tru-Arc and Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Dynas.

One of my Penguins.

The bridge pickup isn't original, but I'll be putting the original T-Armond back in when I get the chance

Not mine and not a Gretsch, but I love this new creation of Tom TV Jones !!!!

Proteus just won the internet today. Again.

Never owned a green guitar,i did have an American standard Strat in ocean turquoise metallic back in 2001.

That looked blue in the shop but when i got it home it looked more of a greeny blue,anywho, i liked it and kept it until my stupid car decided to die 2 years later,had to sell it to help pay the repair bill.

I'd love a Caddy green Club though.

Some real beauties in this thread! Does Pelham Blue faded to green count? '67 Melody Maker, had it since '76.

Register Sign in to join the conversation