Other Guitars

Is it just me, or does this look “Gretschier” now?

Sure can’t argue there. Beautimous, ain’t she?

– tubwompus

As is the black and gold combination

Pretty, but not Gretschy. Loves ya!

On a purely aesthetic level, that Paul needs contrasting binding. I mean, nunmor black is fine...but it just lacks definition. I hereby submit nunmor black with the proper framing.

How ‘bout now?

...no?...well $#!+...

– tubwompus

Still no.

On a purely aesthetic level, that Paul needs contrasting binding. I mean, nunmor black is fine...but it just lacks definition. I hereby submit nunmor black with the proper framing.

– Proteus

Aesthetically, I do concur. As it happens, I actually played and listened to two Customs (including a ‘73) on the day I pulled the trigger on she in the above. I had to establish a sonic yardstick and arranged a 3-day trial period with the Studio. 4 out of 5 ampliminos surveyed preferred the Studio. Seeing as amp #5 was a specimen of model of which I’m currently devoid, there ya go. Had either Custom been the last gitfiddle standing,...

Tubwompus, I think it is a hell of a great guitar....LP Studio, right? It looks great and love those necks.

The rumor around these parts is Proteus is freeing his herd to make way for an army of Les Pauls.! Better yet, Tim just paid $9k for a quilted AAAA maple top LP with Burstbuckers. The rumor around town is that he wants to sound more like Slash!

Register Sign in to join the conversation