Other Guitars

Interesting? Fender-Gibson-Gretsch Mashcaster

Aside from the F'trons, the best thing I can say about it is at least it isn't a sunburst!

. . . needs a Bigsby

Ha! If it were mine, it would be sunburst, have a vibrato, and besides the three pickups, look completely different. But otherwise I like it.

The three pups aren't my thing either - middle one gets in the way of my fingerpicking - but I do agree with you & Mr Tubs though about it needing a Bigsby.

Mr. Tubs beat me to it. I don’t recall hearing of that pickup combo before. Interesting. Like the color but think it would look better if a little worn.

I'm sold.

When is the new Fender Firebird coming to market, after they buy out Gibson?

Looks a little like that Fender White Chicken..............and yeah, needs a Bigsby !!

This kind of reminds me of an episode of The Incredible Hulk when David Banner stopped mid-way while changing into the Hulk. He had the furry eyebrows and the green hands but still looked like Bill Bixby.

While we’re on the sorta Firebird subject, here’s something I bought a while back made by Hard Luck Kings that cost just a little more than a tank of gas.

This kind of reminds me of an episode of The Incredible Hulk when David Banner stopped mid-way while changing into the Hulk. He had the furry eyebrows and the green hands but still looked like Bill Bixby.

– RichB555

That's funny!

Didn't Fender start all this a few years back with gretsch parts on Fender models... and on from there. The make/model blend continues. I can live without it tho

For $2k you'd think they could get the middle pickup centered between the other two.

Serious identity crisis going on there.

I like it, although the neck looks a little cheapish. But the Supertron-Magnatron-Filtertron combo is a neat idea.

P.S. This needs a Vibrola.

While we’re on the sorta Firebird subject, here’s something I bought a while back made by Hard Luck Kings that cost just a little more than a tank of gas.

– RichB555

That's a terrific color and suits the matt finish.

Over the years I've learned how much I do not like white and gold together.

I hate gold hardware.

...------

Register Sign in to join the conversation