Other Guitars

I’m gonna go try a particular Jaguar

That’s the shizzle I’m talking about!!

Well if that's not a portrait of Elegance in Cool, I don't know what is.

My brother had an XKE Convertible.

He sold it.

Said after he'd had a drive on a twisty country road in the sun, then terrified himself on a corner, been stuck in the rain with bad Lucas electricals, then spent triple what it would cost to wire a car from scratch and they still weren't reliable, he'd had the whole Jaguar experience.

– Proteus

Lucas, Prince of Darkness.

The original E Type was referred to as "the greatest crumpet collector of all time." It very well might of been - I helped a friend of mine restore an early one (straight six) in the late '60's - but it was the most uncomfortable car to drive from the seats and seating position to the pathetic excuse for handling. Great in a straight line but couldn't corner worth a dam.

Very sexy looking vehicle and great for just around town. Any distance driving was out of the question!

The new ones look terrific!!

The strangest thing about the latest two-seater Jags - they look fantastic, probably drive well, etc - but I only ever see them being driven by elderly women who can't parallel park them. There are a couple of them where I live and both have severely scratched rims from their owners' attempts to park them. I once had lunch at an outdoor table with a friend and we watched as a beautiful Jag rolled up on the street next to us. The driver tried several times to park in a large bay, banging into the kerb a few times. In the end she gave up and went to a carpark a bit further down the street.

I guess Jaguar has no control over these things.

My problem with the current rendition of the Jag (the guitar) is why Fender felt the need to simplify the original control scheme. My thinkng is that if a person can't take the time to figure out a relatively simple dual tone switching system, how is he going to handle music theory and the basic mechanics of playing the guitar?

My problem with the current rendition of the Jag (the guitar) is why Fender felt the need to simplify the original control scheme. My thinkng is that if a person can't take the time to figure out a relatively simple dual tone switching system, how is he going to handle music theory and the basic mechanics of playing the guitar?

– PlayerOne

We'll put, that's a good description. Plus most of the time, folks have a favourite setting with occasional changes to another setting. If I can handle that, anyone can!

Jags just look....wrong when fooled around with. They lose that B movie sci-fi weapon vibe too. We NEED knobs and switches to be cool and fight off Martians

Sooo, DC , after we all derailed this thread with endless gabbing about Jaguar autos we haven’t heard whether you scored a new guitar or not!

Well my post coming up answers this -- for now not going for this Jag w kool maple neck and tall frets -- I'm hearing none are under 8.5 pounds -- just a bigger body and that metal. However, if I really like the trem that may put me over the top. Still s**t ain't selling and I would have to move at least one thing to go for one these that clock in at a K used (at the lowest).

Plus the siren song of 22.5 scale DuoSonics and Musicmasters is really eatin' on me. And this puts me back in to 1956-59 ones since they are the only maple neck ones.

Register Sign in to join the conversation