Other Guitars

Ibanez has come out with a new George Benson guitar.

Check this out. I think it is one very good looking and good sounding guitar.

Link...

It's hard not to like George and his playing.

Lot's of good memories from the 70's, great venues for live shows, great recordings...

At last chat, the tech that checks out my gits here in NYC as required had him as a client...lives in NJ, uses a teacher over on LI...

Yes, George has an instructor like all great players to challenge him and learn new stuff!

Looks like they re-invented the Gibson ES-175, no?

Wish I still had my original '78 GB20. That was one beautiful instrument. Way beyond me at the time though...

Still quality made in Japan, or outsourced as a MIK or MIC? Gotta wonder. The originals were up there with Terada in quality...

Looks nice and George is an awesome player. Thanks for sharing, Bear.

I'm sure I can't afford admission to your party, George :(

The gold lacquer 30th Anniversary limited edition GB is dead sexy. A little over the top, but I still love it. Good to see that GB is still humble enough to keep up a relationship with at teacher and "try to play at lightning speed."

– WB

– Walter Broes

Most definitely, but I don't see that as a bad thing.

i like the clips of it plugged in - a lot of clarity and bite for a big jazz box. cool!

Still quality made in Japan, or outsourced as a MIK or MIC? Gotta wonder. The originals were up there with Terada in quality...

– Buffalosix

– Buffalosix

I believe it's Japan (Gakki) . Most of the upline GB models are.

There was a used Ibanez GB-200 here last year at a local shop I missed on.

Terrific playing guitar: one of the most wunnerful feeling necks I've ever experienced. The way they rolled the edges and the back contour was really unique.

What I liked was how he explained why it has that shape and even the fact that the production model won't have the binding at the end of the florentine cutaway. I haven't been following the George Benson models for a long time, but I definitely remember the old GB10 and GB20 with their fully floating pickups. However, Peeless are nowmaking beautiful professional level Jazz guitars and as beautiful as the Ibanez LGB300 is, they are getting a little pricey for a Japanese guitar. Personally I'd rather buy a G6040MCSS. If I wanted to "splash out" then I'd buy a Gibson Custom L-4CES mahogany in a natural finish.

Register Sign in to join the conversation