Other Guitars

I think it’s rare- VOX Phantom 12str

I have no affiliation with the seller. IN fact, I don't even know who the seller is, but it's on consignment at my local M&P store here in town.

Mild road wear on the corners, no checking, no cracks, it's complete w original case and everything seems to work (at least it did for me when I plugged it in)

Possibly a chance to add to someone's Beatles collection.

At Tempo Trend in Victoria BC.

PS- sorry for the poor image. My ancient phone just does not like lo-light situations.

What's the price -- or is is it one of those 'make offer' scenes? TRem on a 12 string

What would be the connection with the Beatles, Kevin? I am not aware that they ever used one of these on any recordings or otherwise.

Not sure Bob, I was just parroting something that may or may not have been true. (Should know better, shouldn`t I? Heresay and all that!)

I found a page (The VOX Showroom dot co) which mentioned a Beatles connection, but a closer read tells me it was merely that the guitar AND the band were both on the 1966 US catalog cover.... my bad.

It is a 1967 (sorry, no serial), Model V221 and the arm is a stock item.

DC- asking 2600.00 (Cdn), probably settle for a little less.

That's an italian Eko Vox... pretty cool but I'm thinking a $1500-1600 piece. The 1966 Thomas Vox foldout has over 30 Eko Vox models when you include the acoustics.

Yep. It's got the Eko neck, stamped "made in Italy" on the headstock so that would mean the rather strage (sorry- unique) trussrod shape. It also has the backpad, still attached and in surprisingly good shape.

I found it a bit of an odd duck to hold. Neck-heavy when standing up, and much like a round-back Ovation in my lap. Just could not get comfortable with it. On the plus side, it's nice and chimey with a real 60's vibe to the sound and somehow engineered so that mild use of the whammy bar does not destory the tuning...

Not for me but certainly for someone. And I ran the asking through my handy online currency converter. Keeping in mind that my figure is only the opening amount, you're not really all that far apart.

Not sure Bob, I was just parroting something that may or may not have been true. (Should know better, shouldn`t I? Heresay and all that!)

I found a page (The VOX Showroom dot co) which mentioned a Beatles connection, but a closer read tells me it was merely that the guitar AND the band were both on the 1966 US catalog cover.... my bad.

It is a 1967 (sorry, no serial), Model V221 and the arm is a stock item.

DC- asking 2600.00 (Cdn), probably settle for a little less.

– Kevin Frye

Kevin, there WAS a very strong connection between the Beatles and Vox. However, the connection was based upon the fact that they used Vox amplifiers from their earliest AC-30s to the Super Beatle amplifiers and the like. While I think that I may have seen a photo of John Lennon with a Vox guitar, the band was never known for having played Vox guitars.

No harm done. All is good.

Brian Jones used a few of the Brit Vox guitars before they went to Italy. And the famous Beatle move from Vox to Fender amps was mid 1968.

Sadly the guitar is missing the chrome cover of the bridge and the mute. These spare parts are very difficult to get.

dang decently wide neck on that

Register Sign in to join the conversation