Other Guitars

I need an old Guild Bigsby B6

So this happened. The pin rotted and snapped, but the Guitar side of the hinge is busted as well. I need a replacement. Anybody got one to sell?

Can't see it here but the guitar side is broken in half

Is the butt plate different that a non-Guild one?

If you don't mind a different hinge, you can get a hinge pin and a hinge from Amplified Parts, much cheaper than a new Bigsby.

Yeah is the screw pattern on the hinge the same?

Is the butt plate different that a non-Guild one?

– NJBob

Yeah, on a Guild Bigsby the screw holes match a Guild harp tailpiece

Man, you've gotten some real mileage on that old gal, don't you? Hope you get it back together soon. I know that's your baby.

Yeah is the screw pattern on the hinge the same?

– Billy D Light

No...you planning to sell that guitar to a collector? Get top dollar for it...?

No...you planning to sell that guitar to a collector? Get top dollar for it...?

– WB

I know I know. I would just like for the holes to line up. Silly me

Get a machinist do you one?

Is the screw pattern the same, classic, absolute classic!

Crazy was the guitar in a flood or stored in a basement and forgotten??

If you get a new-to-you vintage B6 I'd buy the old one off you if you were willing to part with it

Can't you get that Tig more Mig welded? Considering the rest of the guitars condition, would it really mater if the welding burned off some gold plate?

Gold vintage examples are harder to come by for these.

Gold vintage examples are harder to come by for these.

– kc_eddie_b

I don't care if it's gold. Not an issue

Crazy was the guitar in a flood or stored in a basement and forgotten??

If you get a new-to-you vintage B6 I'd buy the old one off you if you were willing to part with it

Can't you get that Tig more Mig welded? Considering the rest of the guitars condition, would it really mater if the welding burned off some gold plate?

– Toxophilite

This guitar has been played on thousands of sweaty gigs over the last 30 years by me and by someone else for 30 years before I got it. Just plain old usage wear. LOL

Yeah, just replace the hinge pin. Easy, once you get the old one out.

Guitar Center would likely list that instrument's condition as "very good", if they were selling it.

Crazy was the guitar in a flood or stored in a basement and forgotten?? - Toxophilite

If you've never seen Billy play that's a totally valid question because I've seen guitars pulled out of the Nashville flood that didn't look that bad, but man, that guitar sounds sweet.

Crazy was the guitar in a flood or stored in a basement and forgotten?? - Toxophilite

If you've never seen Billy play that's a totally valid question because I've seen guitars pulled out of the Nashville flood that didn't look that bad, but man, that guitar sounds sweet.

– crowbone

Awwww so sweet

Well that was quick. Good on ya!

Guild needs to release a Billy D LIght custom shop model!

Register Sign in to join the conversation