Other Guitars

I Have The Blues… Errr, The Turquoises..

... Oh, and a Surf Green! Ha!

Had the Metropolitan sitting in the driveway, and thought it might be a photo opportunity.

Here's just the Surf Green Strat (I built from Musikraft neck, body from guy at Philly guitar show. I finished in nitro lacquer) and Met. I started with just this photo.

Love the Tele, and the Nash. Hey, isn’t there a Nash Tele?

Here's just the Surf Green Strat (I built from Musikraft neck, body from guy at Philly guitar show. I finished in nitro lacquer) and Met. I started with just this photo.

– Metman

Like! So, if you ever decide to sell the guitar, will you toss in the car as an enticement?

Ha! Hey Baba Joe- That Surf Green Strat build is the result of my failed attempt to buy something when you and I were wandering the Philly Guitar Show a few years back and I missed that 50's MIM Strat that the fellow had just purchased. I decided to build my own and make it the way I wanted (flatter radiused fingerboard, neck profile, etc.). I play it a lot!

I remember that day and thought that the guitar was related. Also, always like looking at the Met.

– Metman

Lovely, I had a strat that color in the late ‘80s with lace sensor pickups. Regret selling it and never see another.

nice ride

Mighty purty.

But, you know. Nash Mets are supposed to have FOUR fenders. You need another Fender.

I would suggest a soif green Tele.

Close ups of that Tele, please?

True, Tim! I like your thinking!

John- That's a 62 Reissue "Custom" double bound Tele in Ocean Turquoise. Surfysonic (Snorre) had the same guitar. Here's a couple closer pictures. The color is really hard to capture on my iPhone..

Funny, it almost looks Lake Placid Blue in these. The color is more true to the picture with the Met..

Had a cool evening in Wilmington Delaware at an open mic jam that David Bromberg used to host, a couple years back. He wasn't supposed to be there as he was out of town, but dropped in unexpectedly. He came directly from the airport, and didn't have a guitar to play so I loaned him this Telecaster. He was very gracious, saying "Really, it's okay if I use your guitar..?" I was like "Of course!". Super cool guy, and I get to say he played it! I just can't find those same notes that he played on it... hmmm.

Pretty cool!

I had a lovely std Strat in Ocean Turquoise met ,had to sell it to pay for car repairs .

This isn't helping my hunt for something for my B'Day coming up.....Too many to choice from,i know me though,i'll end up with nothing.

JCHiggy- Birthdays are great for getting yourself that 'perfect gift'! Two of my guitars were exactly that. I recall saying to my wife on both my 40th and 50th birthdays that I'd pick something out, and she didn't have to worry about buying me a present. She said "fine", so it all worked out! A true win-win !

I love that double-bound Tele! I have one in Royal blue (unofficial color name) and another in Lake Placid blue. Although it flies in the face of the '62 reissue aesthetic I went with a maple board on the Lake Placid blue guitar.

You need yerself one of these.

You need yerself one of these.

– Powdog

Perfect, Powdog! Wonder if it would fit in the trunk...

Love the Gits and Nash! Great photo op!

Metman, I also love the double bound ocean turquoise Tele. Is it a metallic colour?

Cool picture, nice theme! All of it looks awesome but that Tele is the cat's pajamas!

Thanks, all !

Funny you found a picture of a Met trunk, Powdog! Before 1959, there was no trunk lid and you actually had to drop down the rear seat back to access that area. Fortunately ours is a 1960, so it has the lid.

Blueflame- Yes, Ocean Turquoise is a metallic. Pretty fine, like most of the metallic finishes from that time period. I believe it came from Ford automotive.

Register Sign in to join the conversation