Other Guitars

Hollowbody I did

A FilterTron and a P-90, not a bad combo. How about a few close up pics of the body.

A FilterTron and a P-90, not a bad combo. How about a few close up pics of the body.

– LA_Manny

Pic

Are the sides really made from woven strips of bent wood? Or is that just the finish?

Are the sides really made from woven strips of bent wood? Or is that just the finish?

– Ric12string

Yes I wove thempic

I did it on this one as well it’s the same size as a white falcon

– mvpgretsch

Another very cool effort Brian! Very interesting f-hole design. Being bound highlights them nicely. I like this latest creation.

– mvpgretsch

Is your reason for doing this (woven strips of wood) merely aesthetics? Or do you perceive there to be some tonal differences?

Is your reason for doing this (woven strips of wood) merely aesthetics? Or do you perceive there to be some tonal differences?

– Ric12string

Just wanted to try something that I never seen before

Those strips being black, gives the impression they're leather! Unintended consequences but very cool!

I think your work is brilliant.

Both are very cool. I really like the Falconish one. Conservative/traditional yet the added flair really sets it off.

I'm surprised some hipster rock star hasn't found your work. Great stuff.

Just wanted to try something that I never seen before

– mvpgretsch

Thanks for sharing your video.

Let me ask my question another way: Do you perceive any sonic or tonal differences between your guitar with woven sides and a similar standard Gretsch model that you attribute to the woven sides?

Thanks for sharing your video.

Let me ask my question another way: Do you perceive any sonic or tonal differences between your guitar with woven sides and a similar standard Gretsch model that you attribute to the woven sides?

– Ric12string

I’m not a real expert on sounds but to me it sounds really good I believe that a good amp is what helps as well

Pic

– mvpgretsch

So whats the reasoning with the Pickup being so close to the bridge? Im a complete know nothing guitar builder but figured I'd ask.

So whats the reasoning with the Pickup being so close to the bridge? Im a complete know nothing guitar builder but figured I'd ask.

– LA_Manny

I kinda screwed up when I cut the hole, it works so I left it

I kinda screwed up when I cut the hole, it works so I left it

– mvpgretsch

That's honest!

I really like those woven sides. That could really catch on. Nice builds, Brian.

How do the woven sides affect structural strength and tone?

Great work ! They really look nice and comfy too !

Pic

– mvpgretsch

Im guessing by the Arrowhead cut outs youre a Pontiac guy?

Register Sign in to join the conversation