Other Guitars

History of guitar

Before the development of the electric guitar and the use of synthetic materials, a guitar was defined as being an instrument having "a long, fretted neck, flat wooden soundboard, ribs, and a flat back, most often with incurved sides." The term is used to refer to a number of chordophones that were developed and used across Europe, beginning in the 12th century and, later, in the Americas. A 3,300-year-old stone carving of a Hittite bard playing a stringed instrument is the oldest iconographic representation of a chordophone and clay plaques from Babylonia show people playing an instrument that has a strong resemblance to the guitar, indicating a possible Babylonian origin for the guitar. Many influences are cited as antecedents to the modern guitar. Although the development of the earliest "guitars" is lost in the history of medieval Spain, two instruments are commonly cited as their most influential predecessors, the European lute and its cousin, the four-string oud; the latter was brought to Iberia by the Moors in the 8th century. see here for dissertation writing services

I wouldn't want you writing my dissertation if you're just going to copy/paste from wikipedia.

Why are you here again?

He joined today just for that? A hack for lazy students?

From my experience, that's exactly what students get. I caught two at my last institution, one recently at my current one. The essays are of shockingly low quality.

Had a professor in grad school essentially say:"Just cite your sources!"

Not a teacher but I think a lot of students are lazy and don't want to think critically.

Same professor said that plagiarizing is stealing. If I catch you, you will get a D minus and won't allow you to drop. That way you can not make up a Fail for a C (apparently when he was in grad school, his University allowed that).

I gotta say that I think i would rather get an F than D minus. F means I didn't even understand it, D minus, just makes me look stupid.

Register Sign in to join the conversation