Other Guitars

Hey short scale dudes

Does anyone makes a conversion neck for 24" scale on a Tele? I'd really love to try that Mustang/Jaguar feeling on one of my guitars

You know you’d become a better player if you’d learn the full scales instead of all them short scales!

Warmoth only makes them for 24.75". I'm looking for the short-er 24" scale, 'swhy I'm asking here.

Well since I'm the Short Scale Dude around here whose life was irrevocably changed by going to 24" and 22.5" scales....and by Decree of Birdman declare that anything over 24" should be illegal .. .

The Warmoth "short scale" conversion -- just ain't short scale but it works on standard Tele.

The options are just other complete guitars, and none are expensive. Better hardware and electronics make them quite good.

The 2014 or so Chinese 24" scale strat and tele

There was a 24" Japanese Strat way back in the 90s-- rarely seen.

There's a 22.5 scale Japanese strat from 2012 and 22.5 Mexi-Strat from 2005.

Bur for 24" I would just suggest getting a 2016 maple neck Duo Sonic like I did.. new frets , tricked out w/ good electronics and you have a great player. it's my main ride these days done up w/ new guard with a Gibson '57 Classic and a Duncan Stratbucker.

But nothing I know of that will work on your current Tele body.

Ah, where's your spirit for adventure?! If they can make a 24.75 work on a Tele they can make 24. It's the same as using a capo on the first fret (and don't say what I think you're going to say...).

I just need to find the builder who'll do it. The kids are so into Jaguars these days I'm just surprised Warmoth hasn't caught on. Guess I need to fire up the ol' bandsaw and CNC...

Ah, where's your spirit for adventure?! If they can make a 24.75 work on a Tele they can make 24. It's the same as using a capo on the first fret (and don't say what I think you're going to say...).

I just need to find the builder who'll do it. The kids are so into Jaguars these days I'm just surprised Warmoth hasn't caught on. Guess I need to fire up the ol' bandsaw and CNC...

– Otter

Contact David (Englishman on the G-T, also has an account here) at Eman Guitars. I suspect he could do it for you. He's currently working on the fifth guitar he's done for me and I'm going to order two more projects from him. I've sent him bodies and he's made necks or vice versa or built completely from scratch. Good prices and good work.

http://emanguitars.com

One of my projects is on the first page of his website. I bet many here could guess which one it is. Hint: lots of blue!

Hell, 24" is long scale for me... too long. I am gettin' w/ 22.5 Musicmasters and Duo Sonics, stickin Stratbuckers in places of those single coils. Plus I don't bow down to Tele-anything... not for 20 years anyway, But there are so many hacked old Duo Sonics that body can be routed/modifed into anything as far as electronics go. Let us know what you find out

You'll have to relocate the bridge too!

You'll have to relocate the bridge too!

– Billy Zoom

Nah, the conversion necks are built to use the same bridge position. The nut and fret locations are altered to accommodate the new scale length. You lose one fret up high, but who goes there anyway?

Register Sign in to join the conversation