Other Guitars

Hey, intense multi-string dudes

If anyone could work that thing it would be Muriel. She's very talented. I'd be lost.

Well I wonder how much it is like the original Gibson Harp Guitar. Number of strings, tuning -- or maybe something evolved over the decades.

Well I wonder how much it is like the original Gibson Harp Guitar. Number of strings, tuning -- or maybe something evolved over the decades.

– DCBirdMan

She did say the six string part was tuned a whole-step up from standard, the extra bass strings had little flipstops,and the extra treble strings had fine tuners, so it does look like some evolution has been happening. Playing it would probably require a bigger learning curve than I could take on, but she makes it sound pretty nice!

Harp guitars are cool! I've been interested in them, ever since I saw a photo on Guitar Player Magazine in the 80s, of Michael Hedges playing a Dyer Harp Guitar. It's too bad they cost so much, I wouldn't mind having one.

Harp guitar playing a cool version of "Scarborough Fair".

Edit - I'm taking a very late lunch at work, and an alert for a Harp Guitar for sale at Elderly instruments was posted on the Acoustic Guitar Forum. $950 - Ooh that hurts!! I'm tapped out after paying bills. I would love to have it though.

Holloway Harp Guitar For Sale at Elderly

Very interesting, lovely sound. That's a lot of guitar to lug around, cased up its probably a huge piece of luggage. Thanks for posting, Deke, I enjoyed learning more about these remarkable instruments.

Register Sign in to join the conversation