Other Guitars

Harrison spec ‘64 Gibson SG Standard makeover project.

That's about the size of it, thanks for watching.

Wow. It’s great seeing all of the work that went into this. Nicely done!

UnbeWIEVable. Several points of heart failure in that process for me, but clearly you know what you're doing - and then some.

Everything done right at every step, and the end result is beautiful.

Reminds me I'd like a red SG someday!

very nice indeed! SGs with the Vibrola are my favorites, so much so that i bought an Epiphone which is actually quire good for a guitar from southern Asia. but yours is SO much nicer. i has an envious.

WOW!!! I’ll take it!!! Seriously you are an artist!

Wow killer! I love the 60's SG (although I love the slim neck). Makes me miss the one I traded - great job on that one, the resto-mod was informative, thanks for all the pictures.

This is far beyond a mod or a make-over...

..this a BUILD.

Looks great.

That is awesome work. You are brave (and talented).

Now, add some Robo-tune and it’s complete.

You'd go to jail if you made fake Mona Lisas!

Great job, Tony.

I like to relic guitars but an SG doesn't look good beaten up too much, so just a light relic job. Into the freezer to get some checking.002

– tonyb

You did a crazy-great job on making that guitar so perfect!

How long do you keep a guitar in the freezer to check like that? Do you you warm it up first, somehow, so it has a drastic temp change??

great job tonyb..and great pic documentation...glad you are staying busy with the guitars...keep goin'

cheers

The guitar and your work are amazing but also your photography is superb!

Absolutely stunning! With every scroll my eyes widened . Then it started coming together and my jaw started dropping.

The prettiest SG is this year with Vibrola. I have never played one so was not aware of the skinny neck

Very cool! It looks amazing!

The guitar and your work are amazing but also your photography is superb!

– Mr_Christopher

Thanks, I read the camera manual, then put it on auto, point at guitar & click.

You did a crazy-great job on making that guitar so perfect!

How long do you keep a guitar in the freezer to check like that? Do you you warm it up first, somehow, so it has a drastic temp change??

– hilosean

No, just from room temperature. I leave in overnight & it's checked when I take out on the morning.

You have done a beautiful job. Thanks for recording the process for us.

This is insane. So cool.

What are your opinions on the break angle over the tremolo? I've seen it both ways - the strings "float" above the claw when the angle is shallower (like yours), or they rest on the top of the claw with a more acute angle. Anyone else have experience with this?

Register Sign in to join the conversation