Other Guitars

Guitars You Like But No One Else Seems to Like

This is a take on the the topic of a week or so ago about guitars you would like to like but can't.

Also I know it doesn't matter what other people think, but just for the sake of discussion. What is your guilty pleasure guitar, your treasure that other people see as trash, your Plan 9 From Outer Space?

Mine is the Fender/ Squire Jaguar . . . complete with rattling bridge, plinky pickups, and wonky switching. I don't know, but for some reason, these all work for me, despite my not being a surf guitarist.

Well around here everyone has Telecaster Tunnel Vision -- there is Nothing Else. I used to be like that up until very early this century when I grew up. But I love the Hi Lo Tenny but no one else around here would dare be seen with one.

Hofners. A 1961 Club 60 was one of my all-time favorite guitars.

Love my Westbury Custom! And it has a Gretsch connection. Designed by Dan Duffy. (not my photo)

Duojet55,

What the!

K

I appear to belong to a minority...

I would have said the Historic series of Gretsch, until the Nashville RU. The one I left out in the cabin was rode like the village bicycle.

Auditorium acoustics. Smaller, thinner body acoustics with a cutaway.

(not my guitar, just an example)

Left handed guitars

– Hipbone

No, you're not alone

Well around here everyone has Telecaster Tunnel Vision -- there is Nothing Else. I used to be like that up until very early this century when I grew up. But I love the Hi Lo Tenny but no one else around here would dare be seen with one.

– DCBirdMan

Oh contraire mon frere . . . I would and do!

I appear to belong to a minority...

– tubwompus

Gorsh, this is sad but true. I love their looks and the artists who play them, but I can't . . .

I would have said the Historic series of Gretsch, until the Nashville RU. The one I left out in the cabin was rode like the village bicycle.

– NJBob

I miss my G3156, but it resides in much better hands than mine . . . Rob (Tartan Phantom).

For some reason I always liked the visual appearance of the Washburn Wing series. I don't own one and I can't say exactly why. I just do.

I love Japanese hunk-of-junk guitars from the 60's...my personal fav's are a couple of white Super Astrotones I have. Weak pickups but sound great with certain fuzzes.

I've always liked those Washburns, too.

Mine is My BST.

For me, it's the Gibson BluesHawk. Mine even came with a hand lettered fake Gibson case. Priceless!

Lightweight, and love the P-90's!

I would say that the modern G5135 Corvette and the Bo Diddley models get very little love around here, but mine are gigged quite frequently... Very frequently, in fact.

And nobody seems to respect modern Yamahas, except me.

Centaur Guitars here in Portland OR has a virtual museum of low budget Japanese (and maybe even some Italian or Soviet) freakshow oddities hanging from the rafters. None of which are even for sale. It’s almost half the reason I go visit as often as I do!

Yamaha SGV 300

– Mr Tubs

Wow. You posted this as I was editing my post.

Register Sign in to join the conversation