Other Guitars

Guitar Research Hollowbody

I picked up a Eddie Durham signature hollowbody , its made by guitar research, can anyone feel me in on this ? where were they made, pickups , any info would be great 8-o Thanks William

From what I've been able to gather, "Guitar Research" is a Sam Ash house brand (like Carlo Robelli) that is actually made by Peerless in Korea.

The pickguard shapes look like Peerless, so I'm inclined to believe it.

What Parabar said. I played that exact model when they had one at the Sam Ash in Hollywood, and it was pretty nice, though a little pricey at the time (I think they wanted about $800 for it without a case), and it wasn't a real guitar (because it didn't have a Bigsby).

What Parabar said. I played that exact model when they had one at the Sam Ash in Hollywood, and it was pretty nice, though a little pricey at the time (I think they wanted about $800 for it without a case), and it wasn't a real guitar (because it didn't have a Bigsby).

– Frank Giffen

– giffenf

Thanks, I gave 200.00 for this one w/ a nice case, but as you said no bigsby :(

I'd have dropped two bills on it quickly, too. And another buck and a half for a Bigsby, then that'd be a real nice guitar. But for that dough, without a Bigsby it's still a darn nice.

$200 w/ a case. You got a deal. Slap a Bigsby on that bad boy!

ha the real grh thread!

i played a few of those at manny's..guess around the time sam ash bought mannys out..it was a fairly expensive line...higher end than the robellis...think i played em thru a fralin amp w 15"...sounded good

at 200$!!!...you stole it!!! nice deal...enjoy

cheers

Register Sign in to join the conversation