Other Guitars

Gibson ES Flower pickguard!

:D I've wanted to make one of these for years and finally did! Thanks for the motivation Anne. Thank you JohnnyAtomic for the flower file! I'm happy with the results. This one happens to be sprayed with White. Next sample I'll do will be in Ivory. Did they come in both colors or did the White just age? Is there a Black version?

Photobucket

My favorite Gibson pickguard of all time. You did a great job, Paul, as usual.

This is the only Les Paul I ever wanted to own.

I always thought it would be cool to take a gold Pro Jet, swap in some cream P-90 soapbars, and put a floral-patterned cream pickguard on it. Maybe someday when I have the $$$.

Thanks Steve! I'll do a LP sample too.

Jack, there is an old photo/thread here of a ProJet, it might even be a pro line Jet, that has creme soap bars and it looked awesome.

Thank you RattleCat!

Looks like the real deal. ES-295's have been on my wish list for a couple of years.

Paul,

If you'll do a black LP style with silver flowers, I'll definitely buy one for my Dana'Sonic. I'll send you the actual pickguard that is on the guitar along with a tracing of some shape mods I would like as well.

Please PM me the price.

Bear

Will do Bear.

David thanks! The Man signed yours I see.

Razzer, I'm hoping since I made a guard an ES will appear in my near future.

I may have made the flowers a bit large on this one. I've seen a number of versions both Epi and Gibson with different sizes. Maybe HB's vs P90's?

Jack, there is an old photo/thread here of a ProJet, it might even be a pro line Jet, that has creme soap bars and it looked awesome.

Thank you RattleCat!

– Setzer

Thank you RattleCat!

– Setzer

Aw man, I thought that was a totally original idea. :P :P

Will do Bear.

I may have made the flowers a bit large on this one. I've seen a number of versions both Epi and Gibson with different sizes. Maybe HB's vs P90's?

– Setzer

Will do Bear.

– Setzer

Yeah,the guy i bought the guitar from was in a Rockabilly cover band called 'The Lazy Crazys'..and they were opening for the stray Cats in Detroit. Well,one night Scotty Moore came backstage and this guy got him to sign two floral pickguards. I got one with the 55 es-295. I have the pickguard stored away and got another for the guitar. ;-)

Very handsome. Nice work!

Black one with silver or white flowers would be awesome. Fit my ES perfectly! Hmmm

Nice job Setz! I may be contacting you for one for my 295 conversion project.

As for the did it come in black question- I was just looking at an auction for a 295 reissue and it said it came with the "alternate black guard" as well, so I assume they made them, at least for the reissues anyway.

Hey Judd ,i hope yer going to take pics of that conversion project,cause i'd like to see that transformation!

Thanks fellas! I think a black and silver version would look slick. Here's a photo of the guard showing the polished edges some:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I still would like for you to make me one for my 6120ks, but I've had a million other projects and obligations lately.

That's a sharp looking job! I've grown to quite like that look meself, with this:

MD

The originals are cream colored. About the same color as the P-90s of the era.

Looks cool!

Hey Judd ,i hope yer going to take pics of that conversion project,cause i'd like to see that transformation!

– JCHiggy

– JCHiggy

Yep for sure, have to wait till the weather warms up a bit in spring to finish sanding, then I'm handing it off to my cousin to paint the deliciously tacky gold paint job.:D Got all the hardware gathered and ready for mock up... I will definitely post a thread illustrating the conversion!

JA and JRod let me know & thanks!

Shelvis thanks for your input, glad to find out about the color.

Cool dyna mod Mad!

Well, my order for a black pickguard with the silver floral array has just been ordered for my Dana'Sonic (Les Paul clone) from Paul and I already can't wait to see it.

Setzer:

That's how the guitar came to me. It's since changed, now has two Wolfetone P-90s. Different flavors. Either way, it's a good one.

MD

Register Sign in to join the conversation