Other Guitars

For anyone who cares even a little about Electra guitars or Leslie …

Cool looking guitar. Saw him with Mountain in 1969; incredible sound....I think he had a single pickup Les Paul and probably a stack of something (Marshalls?).

not leslies best period!!

he was giving private lessons and hawking electras

his recent deans are more up to snuff

cheers

Cool looking guitar. Saw him with Mountain in 1969; incredible sound....I think he had a single pickup Les Paul and probably a stack of something (Marshalls?).

– Journeyman

He was all about LP Jrs. and Sunn -- Sunn ruled back then. Mountain made their big debut at Woodstock and seems like Sunn was the Woodstock backline.. a forest of Sunn amp. Ten Years After, Hendrix had their Marshalls there, of course.

RE: Electra guitars-- my 1979 MPC X-340 was my first electric guitar... And it's still one of the finest players that I own. There were no corners cut in the crafting of the "high-end" Electras. Just great, finely crafted instruments.

RE: Electra guitars-- my 1979 MPC X-340 was my first electric guitar... And it's still one of the finest players that I own. There were no corners cut in the crafting of the "high-end" Electras. Just great, finely crafted instruments with a very diverse tone pallette.

Very cool bit of history and guitar design. Thanks for posting.

He was all about LP Jrs. and Sunn -- Sunn ruled back then. Mountain made their big debut at Woodstock and seems like Sunn was the Woodstock backline.. a forest of Sunn amp. Ten Years After, Hendrix had their Marshalls there, of course.

– DCBirdMan

Ah...Sunn amps. Well, he had the most gigantic sound of all the guitarists at that festival; very complex, rich, warm, and alive. Of course his great finger vibrato was part of the expressiveness.

The guitar finally sold. Neither its designer nor I will be retiring on the proceeds. The buyer is 5-stars happy.

Ah...Sunn amps. Well, he had the most gigantic sound of all the guitarists at that festival; very complex, rich, warm, and alive. Of course his great finger vibrato was part of the expressiveness.

– Journeyman

I have to check the film sometime...I read an interview with Leslie where he said it was NOT a breeze that was making his clothing flap. Those amps were LOUD!

Register Sign in to join the conversation