Other Guitars

Five vintage Stratocasters for sale by Fender

Very cool instruments. A little out of my budget, but they do offer free shipping!

Those are way cool. Would love to see them up close just to get an idea of what those custom colors looked like when brand new.

Interesting, Now FMIC (in association with Reverb), wants to move the spotlight for a minute back to what they themselves started competing with around 1989 when the custom shop opened.... Leo's original work. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Stratocaster fan, I spent my 60's childhood living 45 minutes from Fullerton having my Uncle and his friends set up Fender (and Gretsch) gear in our Family room every Sunday for Band Practice, but over the last 25 years or so the dizzying array of Relic's and copy variations that have been marketed in my direction have me stunned as it is. Did they really just have too much stuff in their vault, or do I sense another marketing strategy taking shape? Or did someone at FMIC say "We need to get back to our Roots Man"? And btw, solidly out of my price range, they'll just go to another vault and sit for 50 years owned by a person who doesn't need them, maybe John Mayer needs a few more Guitars. Stay tuned, or not.

Love the promo pictures so you can see what they'd look like in your house. Assuming you'd casually leave a '54 strat on the stairs or prop it up a '65 strat on a wicker chair or a $9 stand.

Those guitars are distant cousins to what's being made today. I've been lucky to work on several 50's era Fender's and the first thing you notice is the size and weight of the guitar. Everyone of those is a little different being hand cut on a bandsaw and the relief filed out. The pickups in Strats live around 5.8, tone for weeks.

Those guitars are distant cousins to what's being made today. I've been lucky to work on several 50's era Fender's and the first thing you notice is the size and weight of the guitar. Everyone of those is a little different being hand cut on a bandsaw and the relief filed out. The pickups in Strats live around 5.8, tone for weeks.

– Curt Wilson

I own a battered 50's tele, and would jump at the chance to examine and play a pristine example.

Love the promo pictures so you can see what they'd look like in your house. Assuming you'd casually leave a '54 strat on the stairs or prop it up a '65 strat on a wicker chair or a $9 stand.

– Jack Skellington

Exactly, those stair photos give me anxiety!

The 1965 Sunburst (the one on the steps) is sold..

Strats for me are a love/hate thing. I've had a few that I loved, and one or two that I hated.

Outta my league but cool.

Register Sign in to join the conversation