Other Guitars

Finally got up the nerve…

...to switch out the electronics into the gold plastic. Not as big a deal as I worried it would be, but nevertheless still a bit scary at first.

Added a pickup?

Nope, 2 different guitars. one 6 string and one 12 string. I'm assuming Sam switched out white pickguards for Gold ones?

Nope, 2 different guitars. one 6 string and one 12 string. I'm assuming Sam switched out white pickguards for Gold ones?

– Twom

You would be correct, sir.

Didn't catch the other rather large clue -differing tail pieces- until Twom pointed out the problem..... until then, I thought it was one guitar.

Dang! Rickenbacker will be wanting their "observers" merit badge back, now.

Now for the big question. At one time, Rickenbacker would allow you to exchange a Truss Rod Cover for another one of a different color. I'm not sure this policy is still in effect. Does anyone out there know?

They do not. I shot them an email asking that very selfsame question, to which they replied to the negative.

For the ‘guards, they specifically recommend Pickguardian. Ironically, his shop is across town from where I live. Tony’s awesome!

As for truss rod covers, they pointed me to freakin’ Ebay. Been a BIG education in the course of scaring them up. Just coz they say they fit doesn’t mean they actually do, either coz of fakes or it’s off a different model from yours. And you would NOT believe what people are paying for gold shark fins! I have them for both guitars but neither fit exactly right. [sigh]

You have done what I have long wanted to do to my 350V63. Are the electronics on the back of the pickguard?

Yessir. Not as much to it as I thought. A big help was a tool from StewMac, however, to remove the round, knurled nut that captures the pickup switch.

Wait, you play drums AND guitars?

You're like the Osmonds, all rolled up into one crazy horse.

Tell Marie I said "Heyyyy!"

That looks great.

Heck yeah, John. Sam is a picker. He's good at it, too.

Wait, you play drums AND guitars?

You're like the Osmonds, all rolled up into one crazy horse.

Tell Marie I said "Heyyyy!"

– crowbone

Uh........thanks.

Yep, we’re practically identical, except for the talent.....

...and the hit records

...and the A-list session guys on them

...and the money

...and the fame

...and owning a ranch in Utah

...and the ‘70’s teenage adulation

...and having a TV show

...and...

But yep, other than that....

“I’m a little bit country”

“I’m a little bit stinky grooves and gregorian chants interpreted in odd time signatures.”

That looks great.

Heck yeah, John. Sam is a picker. He's good at it, too.

– Suprdave

Bless ya, Dave.

Thou definitely need a new TRC. Talk to Paul Setzer about that.

Cool,i like the oven knobs with the gold guards myself though.

Register Sign in to join the conversation