Other Guitars

Fender Parallel Universe Series Revealed at NAMM

Are you talking about the Jazzmaster Telecaster? I like that one. The pickups are not P90s though. P90s have bar magnets with pole screws. Jazzmaster pickups have Alnico magnet slugs.

I like the looks of the Meteora; reminds me a little of the Alamo Fiesta, which I've always liked.

I dunno. The only Fenders I've ever really truly liked the looks of are the Strat, the Precision Bass and the Jazz Bass.

These new ones look like gene splicing, not like any kind of organic hybrid.

I'm liking that Troublemaker...maybe it's just the name.

The Meteora is on my must have list, but I gotta say, it looks like one of those Douglas guitars, no?

That Jag-Strat should have been the other way around. A Jag with Strat pickups.

A simple, traditional solid body Tele with a chopped bridge an P90's would sell like hot cakes.

I don't know man...it looks like they hired some of those crack heads from Gibson.

The Meteora looks like a larger Lace guitar to me. Wonder how it plays.

The comments in the article are a laugh.

Can't really explain it, but that Jaguar Strat is really calling to me. Maybe it's jag pups with 25.5" scale. I don't really love strat silhouettes. I don't usually love guitars with lots of control plates and switches. And I generally don't love that vibrato system. But this one just transfixes me.

The Jag/Strat kind of reminds me of a Burns Bison for some reason . . .

The Jaguar Strat is bound to be a winner. It's akin to the Cyclone II, which is a Mustang body with three American Vintage Jaguar pickups. I love mine. The difference would be the short scale of the Cyclone II vs. the long scale of those pups in a Strat configuration. Could be awesome...

Are you talking about the Jazzmaster Telecaster? I like that one. The pickups are not P90s though. P90s have bar magnets with pole screws. Jazzmaster pickups have Alnico magnet slugs.

– BuddyHollywood

Ah, right you are. I guess I wasn't looking closely enough. Or maybe I only saw what I wanted to see.

If mismatching within Fender is going to happen, how long will it take to re-Frankenstein their best monster ever?

...------

If mismatching within Fender is going to happen, how long will it take to re-Frankenstein their best monster ever?

...------

– indianation65

That looks like a viking battle axe

I just fell into infatuation...

– Twangmeisternyc

I can see this one appealing to Gretsch fans. As has been noted here many times, so many of us are also Tele fans for some reason. Only thing missing is a Bigbsy. I wonder if it allows you to blend the pickups in the middle position? Only one volume knob, by the looks of it, unless it's concentric?

Of course, the knock against this would be that so many people like Teles because of their rugged simplicity and workhouse-like nature. This goes in the opposite direction. But, I guess that's what parallel universes are for.

I just fell into infatuation...

– Twangmeisternyc

Isn't this just a Cabronita with delusions of grandeur?

No, actually, many guitars are designed like many fishing lures...to catch fisherman NOT fish.

A plain as day Tele will feed you for a lifetime...Ha!

I've got one strat. It's a V G. My brain is cool, got a American strat. Dont desire any more. Can't get enough cool gretsches.....uh oh. I know fenders are loved far and wide. That's why they make a zillion of them. To me they are cookie cutter suburban homes, I grew up in Levittown pa. I love the wonderful diversity of the gretsches.

I was born @ Lower Bucks, family home Levittown, PA.

Nothin' uglier than a strat headstock on a tele, or vice-versa.

And yes, a tele with P90s is a wonderful thing...

Register Sign in to join the conversation